Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

[QUOTE=georgiegirl;4452114

Beyond this specific situation, I’m also freaking out about how I can send DS2 to this school because I hate the assistant principal so much. DS2 is on the autism spectrum, and so long as this horrible man is assistant principal, I don’t feel safe sending DS2 there. (This is the same assistant principal who wasn’t taking things seriously when a teacher wasn’t following DS1’s 504.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I don't know what I am talking about..... but, is there an ability to get the school district to assign your child/children to another school in your school district? It seems you children need a fresh start. This school isn't following 504 requirements and sending kids back to a school where bullies got in trouble but there was no attempt restore you children seems more likely to lead to retribution.

When my DS was bullied in 3rd grade -- the principal called all the boys into the office and worked with them together on a few occasions, involved the other boys parents [wouldn't tell me the consequence to the bully boys], paired my son up with a nice buddy to play with on the playground, and monitored the situation. I'm not hearing anything from your story that the school is taking steps to help the bullies or your children. --- And, I think your situation is more serious.

I'm sorry you are in this situation. The only time I have dealt with this personally was within my GS troop. Once I discovered what was happening. I met each girl with her parent separately to tell them what was going on and phones were no longer allowed at GS events. My daughter was told to no longer participate in the chat app that the group was using and the bully's parents told me their daughter lost her phone privleges and when it came back she was not aloud to have social media. During our troop meetings, we did a lot of group restoration activities and I didn't pair the two girls together. We helped girls see value in others and we helped the girl who was being bulled be not so anoying. I don't think you and the school could take similar steps and it really seems like a fresh start would be helpful to your children and you.

Totally freaking out even more now. The assistant principal said they aren’t going to officially investigate for bullying because my son said he was “fine.” I’m so angry I can’t think clearly. I emailed the superintendent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Totally freaking out even more now. The assistant principal said they aren’t going to officially investigate for bullying because my son said he was “fine.” I’m so angry I can’t think clearly. I emailed the superintendent.

Oh my gosh, I'd be beyond livid. Who are these idiots in charge at that school?? I'm so glad you emailed the superintendent. I hope the next person you speak with understands the gravity of the situation. I'm sorry you are going through this.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post

Don't be afraid to bring the school board in on it if the superintendent doesn't do anything.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We have an email in our district that gets 1 message to the superintendent, building principals and board members. I have only used it twice (they were planning to make some stupid changes to AP and honors' offerings). I would 100% use such a button now. Cast that net wide and deep! Hold everyone accountable!

This is bringing back flashbacks from when the counselor at my son's school said he was fine after he had been bullied and his watch stolen "I talked to him and he seems good". Well, sure he may tell you he's fine b/c you are the adult in the room and he's learned to be nice and polite and to say what the adults want to hear. But you still haven't told me how you are supporting and protecting him at school. I could tell she was uncomfortable on the phone and I felt a tiny bit bad pushing it b/c I know she was young and new to this job but it was ridiculous she didn't understand the power difference between a kid and adult and how that would influence what he would say.

I'm so sorry you are getting the run around here, the AP sounds useless. Escalate, escalate up to the board and superintendent and keep a paper trail like someone described after any calls reiterating what was said in the call and what actions were agreed to. Ask them hard questions that make them squirm. How can they protect any children at this school if they won't even do an investigation?

Do you have any private local facebook mom groups? There are a couple around here, and I considered posting in them when I was struggling to get anything resolved with DS's situation. In ours you can post anonymously. It might be interesting to see if other people have had problems with this school or AP or have suggestions of how to proceed.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think now is the time to take this beyond the idiots who aren't taking it seriously. Don't back down and involve all stakeholders.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Superintendent responded and I spoke with the DEI director this evening. She was very supportive and empathetic.

DS1 texted me around 1PM that he heard these kids were making iMessages from him that said bad things. Total retaliatory behavior. DEI woman was very upset about that and asked for additional screenshots. She’s way better at handling this than the idiotic assistant principal.

DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am so sorry about ds1's update but I am glad that you might finally have some staff that can and will actually help!

firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I’m glad that the DEI director is taking this seriously. If I were in your shoes, I would be consulting with an attorney on my options for action with these young men / their parents. I wouldn’t feel this way for 99% of things, but since their horrible behaviors are continuing, I wouldn’t want to lose time with knowing what my options were.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast