Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    There are different versions now (outdoor version with large inflatable burritos and an acachado version).

Have you tried Monopoly Deal? Card version game that is much faster than the board game. We also like Sushi Go and Love Letters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Monopoly Deal is a huge hit here. We always take it with us when we travel. We also really enjoy Taco, Cat, Cheese, Pizza.

I'm going to buy that game! Sounds fun!

We laughed and laughed playing Telestrations this Christmas, both with our family of four and with my extended family of 12. My 18 year old DD had us play it with her boyfriend (super fun) and has taken it over to a friend's house to play with her family. The family bought it after playing with her. My immediate family has poor to basic drawing ability and it just makes it funnier, but my extended family has some amazing artists and that makes it fun too. Grandparents down to mid elementary aged kids can enjoy and play. Great family bonding!
    Last edited by mommytoalyssa; 02-22-2024 at 07:06 PM.

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Happy for you that you got that kind of joy-filled time with your DD!

Throw Throw Burrito is my go-to if we just have our immediate family of five here for a birthday night. It brings up so much laughter. Telestrations and Reverse Charades are great easy-entry games if grandparents are involved.

A fun very lightly physical game for two people is Klask. It takes room to store but for us it’s been worth it. All my kids enjoy it and your DD might like it too.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    You need some better games! I’d give a hard pass to Monopoly and Boggle. Spot It only in a true last minute pinch. We have a jam packed game closet and go through phases of popularity. If they like Monopoly though, try Catan. Have them watch YouTube play through because I get the not wanting to learn a new game thing too. Those videos have really helped me get into some new games.
    For more open ended party games (aka ones you can play for as long or short as you like), try Herd Mentality, One Night, Just One, and Apples to Apples

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    We have a jam-packed game closet too! I have Catan! It bores them. . Apples to Apples was popular when they were in middle school along with Clue (and Harry Potter Clue which was huge for a few years), 13 Minutes, 10 Days in Africa, 10 days in the USA, Twister, Scotland Yard, Tonga Island, Wits and Wagers (still mildly popular), Monopoly Deal (very popular a few years ago but not anymore), Dragonwood, Forbidden Island, Yahtzee, etc. The only ones they say yes to nowadays are the short simple ones or Monopoly. Ds3 still pulls out Connect 4 because he can beat me every time.

But I keep trying because I love board games! Maybe Throw Throw Burrito will be a hit.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 02-22-2024 at 08:30 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    We have a jam-packed game closet too! I have Catan! It bores them. . Apples to Apples was popular when they were in middle school along with Clue (and Harry Potter Clue which was huge for a few years), 13 Minutes, 10 Days in Africa, 10 days in the USA, Twister, Scotland Yard, Tonga Island, Wits and Wagers (still mildly popular), Monopoly Deal (very popular a few years ago but not anymore), Dragonwood, Forbidden Island, Yahtzee, etc. The only ones they say yes to nowadays are the short simple ones or Monopoly. Ds3 still pulls out Connect 4 because he can beat me every time.

But I keep trying because I love board games! Maybe Throw Throw Burrito will be a hit.
    Try Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle. It became super addictive here. We went on to buy the expansion packs too.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Try Harry Potter Hogwarts Battle. It became super addictive here. We went on to buy the expansion packs too.

Im totally getting this and bringing it on our next vacation. Thank you for the recommendation!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Monopoly Deal is a huge hit here. We always take it with us when we travel. We also really enjoy Taco, Cat, Cheese, Pizza.
    I play Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza with pediatric patients. We always laugh and I’m really bad at it, so the kids think it’s funny I’m losing

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It's interesting to read what games are hits with others. We have many of the games that are favorites on this thread but most of them haven't been big hits here. My kids do enjoy Monopoly every once in a while. The games that get played the most are Rumikub, Bananagrams, Boggle, and Coup.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    I play Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza with pediatric patients. We always laugh and I’m really bad at it, so the kids think it’s funny I’m losing

We use it often as an ice breaker. It Gets people relaxed and laughing pretty quickly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2