Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    YEP. Not all high schools offer AP courses!
    Like our high school. No AP courses. But we can take the AP exams at the public high school.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think it's fine as long as the scores are taken in context (for example, low income students should not be compared to high income). However, another issue is accessibility to testing. I heard there is a severe shortage of testing seats, especially in CA where demand is high. I read that there are no remaining SAT seats between now and August in the Bay Area. Of course, during covid I have friends who flew their kids to other states to test, so there's that

The fact is the privileged students will always have a huge advantage. I am sick of hearing how first generation low income students are advantaged. give me a break.
    Grade inflation is real, though, which makes it very very hard to judge apps.
    Last edited by Globetrotter; 02-28-2024 at 08:15 PM.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2