Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It depends a lot on the kid, but generally have soft, non spicy foods around. Mine did a lot of yogurt and jello, then graduated to soup and mac and cheese. We also had a lot of the Fairlife protein shakes for them. My middle son healed up fast. My oldest is a bit less compliant and knocked out a suture and we had to take him back in and fix it. He took longer to heal. Neither of mine wanted to take the codeine and just rotated ibuprofen and tylenol and that was enough, but we kept them on a strict schedule of taking both for the first few days. I got these for the ice and they appreciated the ease…https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I had a horrible time, and I don't want to scare you, but ended up hospitalized. My advice - check a temperature every day for the first week at a time when the pain meds are expired. If feverish, call your doctor.
    Have extra pillows/pillowcases available - it's hard to get comfortable at least the first night.

For food - applesauce, yogurt with no seeds/chunks, milk with instant breakfast or similar, scrambled eggs, tomato soup, lots of water and juice. No straws or popsicles, don't suck on anything!

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For foods we did mashed potatoes, baked chicken, applesauce, jello, yogurt, canned pears and peaches.
    K

Glad it went well. lol about the blended empanada. DD got sick of soft foods (apple sauce, mashed potatoes) pretty quickly. I think we chopped up Mac and cheese and pasta.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Op, I’m so glad your ds’s procedure and recovery have been smooth. I got dry sockets and still remember that 30 years later!

This thread was timely as his dentist just told my ds2 that he should have his wisdom teeth out so I’ll be scheduling that and referring here.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3