♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default anybody tried Armoire? (or other clothing rental?)

I keep seeing ads for this and i'm intrigued. i am on a journey to be more minimal , though i do love fashion and new clothes . I used to like Boden, but over the years got really disappointed in the quality after a few wears/washes (pilling central). I then was really into MM La Fleur clothing for work (the bento boxes were spot-on, LOVED their classic styles), but then i realized i HATED having to deal with dry cleaning. Also, a few years into menopause and my body shape has changed (boobs and everything even more saggy, etc) and lots of things don't fit any more. Im only 45 and don't look my age at all (i could pass for ten years younger) and it's depressing as heck. i'm a high-end clothing snob yet i love classic styles...though don't think i can deal with owning $$ clothes anymore that aren't athleisure/casual bc it's just too much of a gamble and frustrating when something no longer fits or when it isn't flattering after a year or so.

Soooo.,,idea of renting $$ clothing and wearing them a few times and then moving along to something new and having rotating items is very intriguing. I feel so much more confident when i wear something that is flattering and pulled together. Anybody tried something similar? I would especially like inputs from other mamas who work full-time and/or have regular meetings every week..i'm mainly looking for clothing for work and nicer evenings out. I already have buttloads of Madewell/Athleta/Lululemon for casual wear...

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default anybody tried Armoire? (or other clothing rental?)

I did Rent the Runway for events pre covid and I was really happy with it. I never did the monthly rentals so I can’t comment on that. Post covid though the few times I have looked and they haven’t had what I needed and I ended up finding something else at the store I would wear more than once. I have a semi formal
    party coming up in May so I may try it again.

I still work from home and I occasionally get a Stitch Fix box when I feel like I am in a clothing rut; usually one or two in the spring and then one in the fall or winter. It usually helps a bit. I would much rather shop in store TBH but my size (14 or 16 regular) is sometimes hard to find (but that’s a whole other post).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 03-05-2024 at 12:24 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    I keep seeing ads for this and i'm intrigued. i am on a journey to be more minimal , though i do love fashion and new clothes . I used to like Boden, but over the years got really disappointed in the quality after a few wears/washes (pilling central). I then was really into MM La Fleur clothing for work (the bento boxes were spot-on, LOVED their classic styles), but then i realized i HATED having to deal with dry cleaning. Also, a few years into menopause and my body shape has changed (boobs and everything even more saggy, etc) and lots of things don't fit any more. Im only 45 and don't look my age at all (i could pass for ten years younger) and it's depressing as heck. i'm a high-end clothing snob yet i love classic styles...though don't think i can deal with owning $$ clothes anymore that aren't athleisure/casual bc it's just too much of a gamble and frustrating when something no longer fits or when it isn't flattering after a year or so.

Soooo.,,idea of renting $$ clothing and wearing them a few times and then moving along to something new and having rotating items is very intriguing. I feel so much more confident when i wear something that is flattering and pulled together. Anybody tried something similar? I would especially like inputs from other mamas who work full-time and/or have regular meetings every week..i'm mainly looking for clothing for work and nicer evenings out. I already have buttloads of Madewell/Athleta/Lululemon for casual wear...
    Following as I've seen them advertised and am intrigued as well.
    Lizi

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I recently tried and was happy with Nuuly although they trend younger and less classic. 5/6 items were new with tags. I shared the rental with my daughters who are more inclined to wear Free People, Urban, and Anthro clothing. I did like and wear the items I rented.

I looked into Armoire because it seemed to be more age appropriate, but you cannot search for available styles/sizes before signing up. There are quite a few BBB complaints from people who signed up, searched the website and immediately decided it was not a good fit. Even if they canceled within hours, it was hard to get a refund. I suggest using services that allow you to browse first before signing up.