Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Rumor is that our high school is requiring uniforms next year. No way am I ok with that. My kid is almost done and had plenty of clothes that fit. No desire to pay for uniforms for this last bit of schooling. There’ll be a big uproar if they try and push that through. They tried to lay the groundwork by talking about how “professionals” dress for work. So outdated. Plenty of industries don’t even do business casual even in senior positions. Dh is up pretty far and neither he nor the people above him wear anything but jeans. Obviously industry specific norms differ but it’s behind the times to say that you put on a button down and tie to go to work if you have a good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Schools in my area occasionally use uniforms to help narrow the economic gap between students. I haven't heard of the reason you cited above! It really does seem silly in today's world!

The ruler came out randomly at my high school in 1992. I wore pants every day because I hated the skirt.

I feel the pain though. My one and only detention came for a blouse I'd worn twice a week all year, but the wrong admin saw me in January. Uniform guideline was white shirt with a collar. The collar was a round Peter Pan type one. My mother was going to throw a fit for me, but at the time I didn't want the attention and just served it.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by belovedgandp View Post
    The ruler came out randomly at my high school in 1992. I wore pants every day because I hated the skirt.

I feel the pain though. My one and only detention came for a blouse I'd worn twice a week all year, but the wrong admin saw me in January. Uniform guideline was white shirt with a collar. The collar was a round Peter Pan type one. My mother was going to throw a fit for me, but at the time I didn't want the attention and just served it.
    My only detention came the last week of my senior year. Our history teacher who had a playful sense of humor, saw me wearing my pants rolled up with no socks (as one did back then). He got this grin and said, “Miss Gatorsmom, I bet you’ve never had detention, have you? No? Well you get one for being out of uniform. No socks.” And then he walked off laughing. I saw him revenant reminded him he did that and he burst out laughing. Still has that mischievous sense of humor even now at almost 90yo.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3