Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default What do your college kids do for spring break?

I'm just curious because I don't hear much about spring break around our kids' groups of friends. When I was in college we were dying to get away to somewhere warm. It seems like all we talked about after Christmas break. DS1 wasn't really sure what he wanted to do so for the second year in a row, he joined the campus ministry's mission trip to do some work in an old church in a rural parish. He said he enjoyed it and made some new friends. He didn't mention what other kids on campus are doing.

Did your kids work during spring break? or travel somewhere with friends?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS1 is home for the entire 2 weeks of spring break. No plans besides resting.

His freshman year of college several of his frat brothers came to LA and they stayed in Venice Beach at a hostel for a week.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Let’s see…
    No spring break covid year
    Second year he went on a school sponsored rock climbing trip
    3rd year he went on a school trip to HI to perform with one of his choirs
    4th year got his wisdom teeth out (exciting!!)
    He has only ever had 1 week for spring break.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

This year college and high school spring break coincided Dh took both boys to Liverpool to watch 2 matches and do some touring around the area they did a day and 1/2 in London. DS3 needed to work on a project so walked to Liverpool university and studied in their library while DH and ds4 did a Beatles and dock tour.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Nothing special. Worked his regular hours and that was about it aside from 1 in-person interview for an internship. Back to classes on Monday!

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD is a Jr. this year and went away with 3 friends for her first Spring Break trip to Madeira Beach (St. Pete). They stayed at a friend's condo, each girl paid 200 and their flights were 175 so pretty cheap. Lots of kids we know go to Florida as it's a quick flight or some drive to Destin or the St. Pete area. I was happy they were at a chill spot, not like the crazy scene in Ft. Lauderdale.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DS1 and I skied for 4 days and now he is home for a week and a half. He is doing family stuff including driving his brother to school as we are working/traveling.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD went to the Florida panhandle with her dad. DS isn’t in school right now so he worked. Every other year I take DC away to a tropical place for spring break.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS1 gets one week (which fortunately has coincided with DS2's one week break, both his freshman year and this year) and he wanted/s to come home. Last year I took the boys to Palm Desert for a couple of days (I have to split the week with DH) and this year (next week) I think we're going to do a couple of amusement parks.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Older son just wants to come home and rest. He can see some of his HS friends who are at the local university. Younger son went with his boyfriend and boyfriends parents to Montreal for a few days--it's a 2 hour drive away. He spent the rest of the time at the family's house--they live about 30 minutes away from his university.

I never went anywhere exotic for spring break. i didn't have money. For whatever reason, my parents said they couldn't afford to fly me home. I would take the train to my grandmother's about 6 hours away. I have great memories of spending time working in my uncle's greenhouse--they grew vegetables and flowers. Almost all of their stock was gone by Mother's Day/May. So March/April was very busy transplanting plants etc. It was always warm in the greenhouse and I love working in the dirt. There would be at least one orphan lamb that would be hanging out with us and it had to be fed every couple of hours. And we would have hotdogs and jelly beans for Easter dinner :-) I still find myself wanting hot dogs on Easter!!!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast