Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

It's her freshman year. It's family time, rest/recovery time, good food time, dog time for her.
    She just became an aunt for the first time (and us grandparents) so it's a special time to be at home with family.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

He came home for the week. He helped some with DS2's robotics team. And did homework. He wanted to be fully caught up with everything including recommended problems.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Kris

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

He’s coming home today but will split time between here and the apartment on campus. He’ll work his part time job, hang out with friends and we’ll see him in between all of that

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My daughter said her friends are really wishy washer. First they were going to backpack in CA. Then they were just going to visit CA. Then they were going to go to our house in VT and now they aren't doing anything except that 3 might come for my epic Easter Hunt.

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My two came with us to AZ to relax, swim, and hit up some spring training games. Was lovely!

athompson is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This year, she went with college friends to a Caribbean island and stayed in an Airbnb together. They had a blast!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmomagain View Post
    It's her freshman year. It's family time, rest/recovery time, good food time, dog time for her.
    She just became an aunt for the first time (and us grandparents) so it's a special time to be at home with family.
    Congratulations on your new grandchild! I’m looking forward to that phase in my kids life and ours as grandparents.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This year mine is coming home on Friday. I can’t wait. DH is taking him to watch some shows in Vegas for 2 days but otherwise he’ll be here.

I did not anticipate how hard it was going to be to do spring break with the other 2 this year without him (theirs’ was this past week). I missed him so much.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My DS is in his senior year and he and six friends are in South America for a ten-day vacation. Four of his friends have come out to stay with us in California before, and they've done road trips, but this is their first time traveling together as a group to a new country. I'm grateful that he's getting this experience with them before they move to different cities for careers/grad school.

DS came home but was pretty busy. He was home a day or two and then his friend came down from VT. They went to a private high school together that had boarding. So the next few days involved getting together with former teammates some who live local and others who were staying local. Since the boys are under 21 their activities involved a lot of meeting up for meals. Made it very easy for me. We have a stand alone apt so all I had to do was a bit of cleaning. His VT friend left on Thursday and then his girlfriend came down Friday for the weekend. We were able to celebrate his birthday which is later this month. His girlfriend drove him back up to school. It seemed to be a nice balance for him.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast