MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Online help picking flooring?

Does anyone know of a reputable online interior designer that cold help up pick some flooring? We have high quality, expensive Oak trim in our house. I do not love it, and have been planning on painting it for years. However, the cost of painting it is wild and it's such good quality that part of me feels bad. We want to find some hard surface to lay throughout the house but I'm struggling being able to pick something that looks ok on my own. Ideally, I'd love to be able to send pictures to someone and then they send me some options. I know someone who does that with paint colors has been discussed on here in the past, but I can't find that post at the moment to see if they also help with flooring.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Facebook has been suggesting various groups to me and one of them is the "Home Design and Decor" group. The members do a great job of using AI to try on different looks when people post pics. Some of the transformations- simple fixes, a lot of the time, are so cool. I'd make it a first stop before paying someone. You can narrow it down and have a better sense of what you want style wise then can work on the logistics and shopping.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Facebook has been suggesting various groups to me and one of them is the "Home Design and Decor" group. The members do a great job of using AI to try on different looks when people post pics. Some of the transformations- simple fixes, a lot of the time, are so cool. I'd make it a first stop before paying someone. You can narrow it down and have a better sense of what you want style wise then can work on the logistics and shopping.
    This is a great idea!! Thanks for sharing!

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Let me know what you learn or if you find something great! And SnuggleBuggles, thanks for sharing that resource!

I am looking for flooring options for upstairs. Currently have old wall to wall carpet that we want to ditch and replace with something that is better for allergies! But we have to find something that blends with our oak hardwoods downstairs (which similar to you, we don't love! Although we do have painted white trim) plus is dog friendly.