Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default clearly not our event, but what about mom graduation dresses?

Just realizing that I need to have a dress that fits and looks lovely and hides my bloated belly when DD graduates. I'll actually be on the stage for the event, so I guess, walking in front of the crowd.

I'm a size 12+ right now with above the shoulder brown/gray hair. What are some good dresses to pick?

firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I’ve seen all kinds of graduation mom looks. Do you like longer or shorter dresses? A line or more straight? Are you a pattern person or is there a color that flatters you?

Quote Originally Posted by firstbaby View Post
    I’ve seen all kinds of graduation mom looks. Do you like longer or shorter dresses? A line or more straight? Are you a pattern person or is there a color that flatters you?
    Habitually, I'm a navy floral A-line, almost knee-length wrap dress girl, but now that I'm in my 50's, not sure that still works.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

That works!
    What are the school colors? Might be nice to stick in that color scheme a bit if you'll be on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    That works!
    What are the school colors? Might be nice to stick in that color scheme a bit if you'll be on stage.
    Well, lol, black, white, and silver, but the current principal, who is slightly under fire, added light blue last year. We're like, OH HEY, we like our colors, but we didn't think we needed it.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'd probably wear a simple black dress. Keep it easy. Like a black wrap dress.

If you wanted an option that you could wear many times many ways and looks to hide a multitude of middle age situations, I think this is a great option. https://tnuck.com/collections/ladies...ck-alice-dress

Full disclosure, I tend to spend $$$ on timeless things knowing having something on hand I feel great in is worth it to me than ordering a bunch, returning a bunch and wearing something once. YMMV

For online shopping options, maybe Nordstrom / Nordstrom Rack, Talbots, Loft or Ann Taylor (all different price points)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

What is your body shape? Apple? Pear? Upside-down pear? That will give us a better idea of what will flatter you best.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by firstbaby View Post
    If you wanted an option that you could wear many times many ways and looks to hide a multitude of middle age situations, I think this is a great option. https://tnuck.com/collections/ladies...ck-alice-dress

Full disclosure, I tend to spend $$$ on timeless things knowing having something on hand I feel great in is worth it to me than ordering a bunch, returning a bunch and wearing something once. YMMV

For online shopping options, maybe Nordstrom / Nordstrom Rack, Talbots, Loft or Ann Taylor (all different price points)
    Great post!

I love this dress! A little hesitant on sleeves but it’s really great!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast