Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by firstbaby View Post
    If you wanted an option that you could wear many times many ways and looks to hide a multitude of middle age situations, I think this is a great option. https://tnuck.com/collections/ladies...ck-alice-dress

Full disclosure, I tend to spend $$$ on timeless things knowing having something on hand I feel great in is worth it to me than ordering a bunch, returning a bunch and wearing something once. YMMV

For online shopping options, maybe Nordstrom / Nordstrom Rack, Talbots, Loft or Ann Taylor (all different price points)
    I would look so terrible in that! 🤣 it looks like something that isn’t made for curves but maybe I’m wrong!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

What color are the graduation gowns? I wouldn’t pick the same solid color as the gowns, but could use it in a print or accessories.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by California View Post
    What color are the graduation gowns? I wouldn’t pick the same solid color as the gowns, but could use it in a print or accessories.
    Good point!

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

This is the closest I could find online to what I wore to DS’s graduation. (Mine was not ASOS, I don’t remember the brand as my SIL picked up at a non-brand beachy boutique she likes.) His gown color was royal blue, I was not on stage, and it was Hawaiian/tropical floral themed. https://www.asos.com/us/asos-design/...t/prd/10463597 I am also an apple shape and the v neck line, sleeves, empire cut and wide legs were very flattering. You could try something similar in a solid color if you want to branch out from A-lines. https://www.nordstromrack.com/s/calv...ults&color=001

But… if you know you like a-line dresses (which are definitely flattering for apple shapes), you can go with that style. Curious why you are unsure about it?
    Last edited by California; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:18 PM.

I guess this means I can’t wear athleisure? I guess I need to go shopping then. I assume I need separate outfits for the grad party and the actual graduation ceremony (which are different weekends)?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Have you looked at jumpsuits/rompers? I bought something like this last year (different colorway) https://www.express.com/clothing/wom...07/color/Multi

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Habitually, I'm a navy floral A-line, almost knee-length wrap dress girl, but now that I'm in my 50's, not sure that still works.
    This is exactly what I wore, lol! We too were on stage and there is a range of casual dress for ours. I shopped for several weeks trying to find something, but gave up and wore a favorite from my closet that I rarely wear. Our gowns were navy also. Dh wore a navy blazer with a yellow tie.
    K

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by firstbaby View Post
    I like this one. Classic
    K

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I would look so terrible in that! �� it looks like something that isn’t made for curves but maybe I’m wrong!

I don’t have the personality for that one. It’s a striking dress and I so don’t like attention.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Oooh! I might try on the black Talbot's dress BBB sugested for my brother's wedding 10 years ago, but I will likely get something new in a bigger size. Keep suggesting beautiful dresses, though!

As for shape, I've come up with the apparently menopausal trend: a pear shape changing to an apple. That brings me to another thought. I have got to get this belly under control. The past 2 summers, I've had a surgery which has made me unable to exercise. Add that to laziness plus the addition of a full time job, and I'm WAY out of shape. I've got to do something about it ASAP. I'm so uncomfortable with a belly.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast