Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Mom View Post
    I honestly think you will feel so much better once you are on it. I know people feel anxious about trying it, but I’m not sure why. It is wonderful for most people I know who are on it. I have almost no swelling. A bit in my wrist but minimal. Basically no other side effects either. I do feel some stiffness at times first thing, particularly when it is humid. But the combo with methotrexate and taking it weekly really minimizes it.

FWIW, I’ve always had stomach issues. We couldn’t figure it out. While it’s not perfect now, it is much much better after taking humira.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    This is helpful. Thank you for posting. I'm feeling better about it.

I've had chronic stomach issues too. I'm hoping humira will help me too.

Quote Originally Posted by daisyd View Post
    Can I ask if the concern about more frequent infections is significant? Do you take extra precautions? This is something on my mind. I've been trying to defer this med because of that
    I actually think I have gotten sick less frequently since I've been on Enbrel/mtx. (The combo for about 8 years - I did ok on just enbrel for a while).
    knock on wood, I have not had COVID. My rheumatologist gave me a very technical explanation for why he thinks his patients on biologics have had less cases of COVID but I couldn't repeat it. Something about the way the body reacts while on the drugs.
    I was more conservative about COVID than some, but my community as whole was extremely cautious about COVID to an extreme so my level of caution was not outside the norm for those around me.
    Now that everyone around me has mostly returned to normal, I don't take any special precautions other than making sure I have my flu shot and now COVID booster every year - but I would probably have done that anyway. My doctor definitely checks though.

I would encourage you to not delay treatment because of fear. The damage that happens to your body is permanent and can be largely stopped if you find the right drug. The swan's neck deformities I have in my index fingers are basically the same as they were shortly after I (finally) got diagnosed 25+ years ago. I was sero-negative for a long time, and only got diagnosed when it could be confirmed on xray, which means permanent damage had already been done.

daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    I was sero-negative for a long time, and only got diagnosed when it could be confirmed on xray, which means permanent damage had already been done.
    This is me. I'm still seronegative.Thanks for weighing in about the frequency of infections on the med and the benefits of finding the right treatment. I'm going ahead with it. Thanks to you and Phillymom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2