Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just got rid of my 2005 Sienna for a 2020 Nissan Rogue. I looked at Subarus and it was a close decision but the rogue was cheaper.

I MISS the room in the Sienna! I put 2k mi on the Rogue in the first 8 days I had it when dd1 & I took a college tour trip. I cannot imagine if all 4 of us had gone. It was already tight! Driving the Sienna was like driving on a couch. So comfy!
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    I just got rid of my 2005 Sienna for a 2020 Nissan Rogue. I looked at Subarus and it was a close decision but the rogue was cheaper.

I MISS the room in the Sienna! I put 2k mi on the Rogue in the first 8 days I had it when dd1 & I took a college tour trip. I cannot imagine if all 4 of us had gone. It was already tight! Driving the Sienna was like driving on a couch. So comfy!
    We ended up deciding on the Subaru. I already miss the room. Our financial circumstances at the moment didn't allow us to spend as much as the Sienna would have cost. I'm really sad about it.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    ??They have had issues with the battery in the Outback, but it's overall been a good car for them??.
    Liziz, depending on the year of the car your parents should?ve gotten a warranty notice about the battery draining due to Subaru discontinuing the 3G Network for their Starlink system. I got my notice in March. Randomly I had to replace my battery on my 2017 Outback (for a second time; the first was in 2020) right before this notice came out so I filed a claim but it was denied because my car had 100k+ miles (about 110k, and we replaced the first battery when the car had about 65k miles iirc). So if your parents are still under 100k miles and have a 2015-2022 (I think) Outback definitely have them check this out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Liziz, depending on the year of the car your parents should?ve gotten a warranty notice about the battery draining due to Subaru discontinuing the 3G Network for their Starlink system. I got my notice in March. Randomly I had to replace my battery on my 2017 Outback (for a second time; the first was in 2020) right before this notice came out so I filed a claim but it was denied because my car had 100k+ miles (about 110k, and we replaced the first battery when the car had about 65k miles iirc). So if your parents are still under 100k miles and have a 2015-2022 (I think) Outback definitely have them check this out.

Is this true for all models 2015-22? I didn't see that there had been any recalls on this car.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Subarau Outlback vs. Toyota Sienna

Quote Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
    Is this true for all models 2015-22? I didn't see that there had been any recalls on this car.
    No 2015-2020 Outbacks, 2015-2020 Forrester, 2015-2020 WRX, 2015-2020 Legacy, and 2019-2020 Ascent. It is isn?t a mechanical recall (at least here in California) it is an extended warranty where if the Subaru dealer can prove that the battery drain was caused by the Starlink system trying to access the discontinued 3G network, and you had to have a battery replaced you are eligible to submit a claim for having the cost of having the battery replaced. The notice I received in the mail said that the extended warranty is only until 100k miles.

Here is some information that I found by Google searching: https://www.premiersubaru.com/servic...settlement.htm

Last edited by AnnieW625; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:28 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3