KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default high school graduation gift ideas--It's that time of year again!

It's graduation time!
    Looking for any additional ideas...

We have done the $24 for the Class of 2024 and I bought a couple of Woozoo fans for kids, but wondering if anyone has any additional ideas for the grads? Especially for ones we are not close to...

Thanks!
    K

I've always given cash in various amounts depending on our relationship with the graduate.

I'm stumped this year for DS1's girlfriend. They've been dating for over 2 years so I want to give her something thoughtful in addition.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We gave DDs boyfriend-at-the-time a duffel bag with his school?s logo on it. His parents gave DD a sweatshirt blanket with her school?s logo and her name embroidered on. Both were well received and well used?at least til the breakup! (Maybe still?)

daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Following. I'm looking for ideas for a neighbor's DD. She will be studying in London. My go to is a gift card usually. I'm open to other ideas too

kimbe is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My favorite gifts to give are: "Pillow Pets" from the kid's university, Amazon has a gift card in a graduation cap box or cash. I purchased a bunch of the gift cards in the hat boxes to keep on had for the random parties were were invited to.
    Favorite gifts my kid received: a James Avery Charm Bracelet and a carry-on suitcase (that the giver asked her to pick out).
    We mostly received gift cards and cash. Amazon/Target and best because Starbucks and other fast food restaurants on campus do not take gift cards. And honestly, cash and gift cards were the most useful throughout the year.
    Kim

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have a box of cards and a stack of $20 bills. That's our standard gift. DS1 goes to a LOT of open houses. His best friend is graduating this year though, and has been a great friend to him in many meaningful ways. We're giving him an insulated poncho blanket thing as we know he'll be at a lot of outdoor games and he's an "all weather is good weather" sort of fan https://www.thermarest.com/sleeping-...ho-poncho.html

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Thanks for this link! We have both birthdays and graduations coming up and I’m stuck on what to get. I asked ds1 what we gave him for graduation 2 years ago and he couldn’t remember So I don’t know what to give ds2. I suppose I’ll just ask him. It will probably be money.

I give all other graduates a card with money.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Dd1 is getting a full size 26? suitcase (she asked for that size and specified the color she wanted), and a pair of Birkenstock Arizona sandals.

For her friends I like the idea of $24 though. I am not sure what the norm is here though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)