Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    klwa is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Public high school. We have a senior awards assembly during the school day. (Next week, actually. Runs from 9-11. DD1's Beta Club induction ceremony starts at 9:45. Tell me no one looked at the calendar without telling me no one looked at the calendar.) The rest of the school has their awards assembly the next week. Plus this Friday (I think), our seniors have basically a field day during the school day for "College Acceptance Day".

All of this is WELL in advance of actual graduation on June 11.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes. Our small rural public school does a grades 9-11 awards night and a senior awards night. The 9-11 grades night includes attendance awards (you'd have thought COVID years would've killed that once and for all!), academic achievement in subject areas, and a handful of area college scholarship awards (most are either waiving the application fee or small dollar amounts). Haven't had a senior yet so not sure what is included in the senior awards. I imagine there's recognition of our top 10 graduates.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Our school does some kind of awards ceremony for seniors, but it's all pretty opaque. There's been a notice in the senior class newsletter of when awards night is, but then all it says is that only kids who are receiving awards (and their families) are invited, and that kids will be notified if they're eligible to attend.

We also apparently do a big athletic signing day, but I only know about that because there are a bunch of parents who are furious that their kids can't participate, "just because" they chose to play in sports leagues outside of school rather than joining a school team.
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Small, suburban public school. There were separate academic awards for each grade at the high school ( each scheduled one after another on a school morning a few weeks ago)- seniors included. I saw today there was a separate senior awards (still during school, although seniors are done) for local scholarships.
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

Tiny virtual public school on a campus with a bunch of programs. There is a senior awards night event the week of graduation.

Our school had a nice banquet for the top 10%. Each kid selected a teacher that made an impact on their life, took a picture with them for a slide show, and told us all why they chose that student. Food for the kids and teachers was paid for by the PTA.

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Small-to-medium public school. We have an academic awards night & I believe it is all grades.
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3