Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default New! Photos of completed nurseries--post here!

HI folks! The thread we began in 2004 on completed nursery photos was so popular, we are starting a new one. We've left the old thread as an archive, but feel free to post your pics here!

We appreciate readers sharing their decorating ideas to help inspire others!

Alan & Denise
    authors, BABY BARGAINS

Default RE: New! Photos of completed nurseries--post here!

Photo of Alison's completed nursery. I have a shot of her crib but can't seem to locate it right now:

That is beautiful. It will carry over so well to a little girl then big girl room. I love the carpet and paint colors espically.
    Mom to two sweet girls: Defne 4/01 and Deniz 2/06

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Would it be possible to un-pin the old thread and just put a link to it in this one? It is really annoying to have to scroll down three pages to find the new messages.

Thanks!
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Hi, I've been a lurker on this site since 2005 when my son Ben was born, but Alison's beautiful nursery has finally driven me to register so that I can post. I'm expecting a daughter in March and really want to do a yellow and blue floral themed nursery, but haven't been able to find anything I like. I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me the rug brand and your bedding brand (assuming they're also yellow and blue). I already have a yellow chair from Ben's room that I'll be using. Thanks so much, Jess

>Hi, I've been a lurker on this site since 2005 when my son
    >Ben was born, but Alison's beautiful nursery has finally
    >driven me to register so that I can post. I'm expecting a
    >daughter in March and really want to do a yellow and blue
    >floral themed nursery, but haven't been able to find anything
    >I like. I'd really appreciate it if you could tell me the rug
    >brand and your bedding brand (assuming they're also yellow and
    >blue). I already have a yellow chair from Ben's room that
    >I'll be using. Thanks so much, Jess

Hi Jess!
    Sorry it's taken a few days, I haven't logged on in a while. Thank you so much for the compliments on Alison's nursery, I am so happy with how it turned out. It was done very inexpensively, almost embarassingly so. I looked everywhere for a rug. PBK, Land of Nod, etc. and couldn't find the perfect rug. One day I was in Home Depot and there it was. Sixty bucks, and I love it. The only thing I don't like about it is that dirt shows up quickly because of the off-white background.

Bedding was made from an April Cornell quilt that I got at an outlet. Ditto for the rocker cushions. The bumpers were just white with blue ric-rack from PBK. Really, once the walls were painted, everything else just fell into place because I had such a nice pallette to work with. I got the white dresser at a regular furniture store, and a few cute white table lamps from Target. The curtains are from Target's Shabby Chic line. They do not keep out light well, even with the wooden blinds beneath, so that was an issue during naps for a while.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I am sure your nursery will be beautiful.'

R, Mom to
    noodle 10.16.04
    peepers 11.12.09

purpleeyes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: New! Photos of completed nurseries--post here!- Construction toddler room

Hello everyone!

We were so proud of this room I had to post pictures. I lurk in this section from time to time and have gotten tons of good ideas! ;)

The theme was construction and we got pretty much all the 'crafty' stuff from Michaels-the hooks, the 'nightstand', even the 'hard hat sign'. The nightstand was bare wood, we painted it with magnetic and chalkboard paint and the mesh containers are from Target-they fit exactly!!
    We signs are just wood that we painted and used stick on letters. We got some ideas from the book "Bedrooms for Cool Kids" by Creative Publishing International.

Enjoy! :)

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37078.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37079.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37080.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37081.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/37082.jpg

PS-I hope I posted this in the right place. Please move it if there is a toddler room thread somewhere! Thanks!!
    B

DS
    DD

Default RE: New! Photos of completed nurseries--post here!- Construction toddler room

Great job on the room! I love the theme! It's very unique. Thanks for sharing pictures :-)

Jenny

So cute! I love the coat rack espically. Great idea.
    Heather
    Mom to two sweet girls: Defne 4/01 and Deniz 2/06

helaina is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Allison's nursery is so lovely! Please tell me what paint that is. That's the prettiest blue I've ever seen.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast