Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Default RE: Ebay China Gowns

Try to find a picture of the back of the dress someplace else on the internet, perhaps the designer's site.

>[email protected] is their email address in case the web
    >feedback form isn't working.

I got so frustrated with them not returning my emails that I gave up on them. I ended of ordering from http://www.johnsbridal.com/. The customer service is superb and their prices are excellent. I was able to find a cheaper price of the same dress and he matched the price. Way to Go!!

And I don't have to worry about an English translator.:)

I paid 50% up front and the remaining 50% will be later. My payment was made through paypal....the only secure thing out there.

He's also sending me fabric swatches....Hey I am all good to go.

John also has some dresses on sale. I am so happy that I was able to find his site.

All the dress still come from China but I don't have to worry about John's bridals going MIA or not responding to emails.

Later girls.

Default I DON'T recommend Kanacca or SHESHOPPING

I ordered a dress from Kanacca(which has changed their name to sheshopping.com) and was not happy with the results. They did not make the dress exactly to my measurements. It did not fit very well AT ALL. I sent them pictures of how the dress did not cover my breasts completely. They said that I had 'beautiful breasts' and should show them off! After much emailing, trying to break the language barrier, they agreed to make another dress. They were supposed fix three things: 1. Bodice should cover breasts. 2. It should have a drop waist(the first one did not) and 3. They should include the embroidery below the waist(which they left off completely the first time).

After receiving the second dress, these were the results:
    1. Bodice covered 90% of the breasts.
    2. STILL did not have a drop waist.
    3. They added embroidery below the waist, but it was done with beads and the rest of the dress was done with thread embroidery.

I can't fix either of the dresses to wear to my wedding. The waist is too high. If I pull it down to the correct positioning, you can see more of my breasts.

Overall dissatisfied. I paid $179 for the first dress and then $70 to ship the second dress. They were reluctant to make the second one at all.

The seamstresses didn't seem to have a grasp on how to fit a large busted woman. Maybe you'll have better luck if you are smaller. But, do you really want to take that chance?

>Hi all, I was looking at www.kanacca.com. And some of those
    >dresses are just beautiful!! I already found 3 I really like.
    >I was just wondering if anyone has bought one of these "china
    >dresses" I also sent an email to find out the price of a dress
    >I want made. I can't wait to see what the price would be...I'm
    >just a little weary of the cheap prices and wonder if the work
    >is cheap or the material is cheap as well. I guess for those
    >prices it's a risk but I think it's worth it.
    >Any help would be great! Are there other companies like
    >this??
    >Thanks,
    >Jinjguo
    >

The original picture that I got was from the designer's website, however, I have looked all over the internet for the back of the dress and can't seem to find it anywhere.

Has anyone worn dress this Amalia Carrara dress, style A1 on the website?

Does anyone have pictures of the back of the dress? If so, please let me know. Thanks!

Did your dress come with any boning or a built in corset?

Did you have to tell them what material to make the dress out of?

Just curious since I'm seriously considering ordering my Amalia Carrara dress from her.

Default RE: I DON'T recommend Kanacca or SHESHOPPING

Sheshopping is specialty wedding dresses company,is different Kanacca.They are two different company.

Sheshopping have top-quality,but lower price dresses.

All products,including wedding dresses ,Wedding Accessories,fashion apparel ,all are FREE SHIPPING.

For more information,please visit http://www.sheshopping.com

Thanks

Looks like this may be the reason they changed to Sheshopping--they got busted:
    http://secondcitystyle.typepad.com/s...d-an-expo.html
    An interesting debate on designer dresses vs Chinese knockoffs.

Hi! I wrote the post to which you refer. The Expose on Kanacca. They changed their name again? Wow. Does anyone know any other aliases they use? Pretty slimy.

Looks like I have my next article on this matter. Thanks!

Lauren from Second City Style

Default stay away from ebridalstore on ebay

I wasn't brave enough to order my wedding gown from China, but due to some fairly complicated requirements for my bridesmaids (one will be 8.5 months pregnant, and all are fairly modest and want sleeves) I decided to order their dresses online. After getting quotes and reading message boards, I decided to go with ebridal-21cn from ebay. I ordered my flowergirl dresses from them as well so I could get the colors to match exactly. Nothing turned out as planned!
    The color of the dresses looks nothing like the picture they sent. The dress is quite a bit different from the picture, and the bow is not only hideous but they did not make it detachable as I very specifically requested (I was able to cut them off). The maternity dress is just made for a very large person and will need to be taken in on top, in spite of the measurements we sent. The sleeves are not adequate to cover my maids' modesty requirements. Because this is crucial, and I anticipated the problem, I ordered an extra yard of both the chiffon from the main dress and the satin used for trim so I could decide how to fix it later, if I needed to. When I received the dresses, my concerns about the sleeves were accurate. I'm fairly laid back, and can work with all of that. But the biggest mistake of all is that the satin on the bridesmaid dresses does not match the flowergirl dresses as it was supposed to, and the extra fabric they sent matched the flowergirl dresses. I have asked for the correct satin, or an extra yard of the flowergirl satin, so I can fix the dresses, and after repeated emails they have refused to do anything about it. They keep suggesting I use the chiffon or stretch the 1 yard of satin to cover all the trim (impossible). I haven't yet decided if I will try to fix the dresses or consider them a sunk cost and start from scratch. I am so disappointed in my experience, and even more so that ebridal is refusing to do anything to fix their mistake. All I have asked for is 1 yard of fabric. I am so glad I did not choose to have my wedding dress custom made!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8