Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Cool! Shall we start with a pregnant mama checkin?

I know we've done this in the lounge, but this seemed like a good way to start the new pregnancy forum.
    I only have three more weeks from today! This will be my third child and I'm expecting another girl. It's been an easy pregnancy (for being 40 years old this time around) but I am ready to be done! Baby was breech at the 32 week u/s but has flipped as shown on my u/s last Tuesday - hooray! I know there are some other mamas waiting for breech babies to turn, any luck for you guys? Sending you flipping vibes if not yet.
    Good luck to all the expecting mamas here. I know there are a lot of us!
    Stacey
    Mama to DS '03
    DD '06
    and DD '10

for Samuel

Three weeks away--wow, you are almost there! My kids were 37 & 38 weeks so if you're like me, you are REALLY almost there!

I am also pregnant with my third child, and we have similar years. My oldest is 03 and my daughter is (the end of) 05.

I am just 4 months but already really showing and already getting tired of the comments about how big I am! I find out the gender in 2 weeks--having a boy and a girl, I don't really care what the gender is, but am eager to start decorating!

I am 36 and this is the easiest pregnancy of the three (so far, anyway.) No morning sickness at all--with my last pregnancy, I had to go on Zofran.

Good luck to you!
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

dukie41181 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Hi ladies! I am 15 weeks as of this weekend. I am excited to be in the 2nd trimester...my 1st trimester wasn't all that bad but it was more challenging this time only because I still needed to take care of my daughter (currently 15 months old). Diapers and feedings were tough! We will be finding out the gender of the baby but won't be able to do so until late June. I was hoping to do it on June 18th (right before we leave for a family cruise) but I was told that they are now wanting to do the scan at 21 or 22 weeks as the scan checks for additional things (things they weren't checking for when I was pregnant with my daughter). Anyways, I just wanted to chime in on the pregnant mama check in! Congrats ladies!

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Delete - wrong forum!
    Last edited by citymama; 05-14-2010 at 08:33 PM.

for Sandy Hook

Love the new board! I'm about to start week 15, and can't wait for the ultrasound. This is my first baby and I'm very excited...especially now that the morning sickness is going away. (Thank you, thank you, thank you!) I've gained only one pound but somehow, am completely spherical.

I started reading the Baby Bargains book and visiting the boards when DH and I went off birth control, over a year ago. Pregnancy took a little longer than we thought, but we're thrilled with the way things are unfolding.

We're looking into things like cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, etc. but ultimately we're pragmatists and will do whatever is safest and best for our family. (Translation: I reserve the right to chicken out.)

Have not yet had the courage to consider natural childbirth.
    Last edited by smcdonald2; 05-14-2010 at 07:37 PM.

I am at 28 weeks, first time mom, expecting a boy that we've started calling by name. Just starting to really feel pregnant. Weight of the baby is getting to me - oh those backaches. He's kicking all the time! and consistently around 1am, which is when I'll be doing my kick counts.

It's been a great pregnancy though. Minimal morning sickness, gradually gaining weight. I also get a preview of motherhood from my sisters and their 4-month and 2-week old sons.

We're also house hunting right now. It's a little depressing how little we get for our money in California, but I would not live anywhere else.

I'm not working and just relaxing in my in-laws' house (they live out of state) these days. Being a homemaker is weird. I did not imagine myself shopping, cooking and cleaning as main priorities of my life. But I'm grateful that DH can take care of us from his salary, and he's been taking good care of me and our future baby.

dukie41181 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smcdonald2 View Post
    Love the new board! I'm about to start week 15, and can't wait for the ultrasound. This is my first baby and I'm very excited...especially now that the morning sickness is going away. (Thank you, thank you, thank you!) I've gained only one pound but somehow, am completely spherical.

I started reading the Baby Bargains book and visiting the boards when DH and I went off birth control, over a year ago. Pregnancy took a little longer than we thought, but we're thrilled with the way things are unfolding.

We're looking into things like cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, etc. but ultimately we're pragmatists and will do whatever is safest and best for our family. (Translation: I reserve the right to chicken out.)

Have not yet had the courage to consider natural childbirth.
    Welcome! We must have similar due dates. I am due November 7th...what about you?

BeccaB. is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I'm due Sept 22 with my second little boy. Can't wait to meet him and I'm only halfway through this pregnancy. I'm feeling great now. Hopefully that will last! Good luck to all you other mommies!
    Rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by dukie41181 View Post
    Welcome! We must have similar due dates. I am due November 7th...what about you?
    November 13...we're very close! I am actually 14 weeks today, but tomorrow my doctor will consider me "in the 15th week." It's confusing.

I am November 2! :-)
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast