Thread: No sympathy

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default No sympathy

I work 1-2 Saturdays in addition to my regular job. The Saturday job requires at least 1 full day a month. I couldn’t work earlier in the month as those weekends were already taken and we had DH’s work Christmas party in Vegas, so I had to work today. DH spent the day doing all the crazy pre holiday errands and he is biotiching about being so tired and today was not an optimal day for me to work 8hours. I have no sympathy at all as this has been me previous years madly getting things done while he was at work. Welcome to my world!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yep, welcome to every woman's world!!!

Sent from my SM-A600P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yep!!!

Friday night my school staff was having our holiday party. I can’t tell you how many texts my husband was sending me about “how much longer until you come home?” “What am I supposed to feed the boys for dinner?” Seriously?!?! Can I not go out and enjoy a dinner with my co workers without being bothered and made to feel guilty?

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I so hear you. Sometimes I think DH has no idea how long things take. Heck, just to vac with a small child and a dog takes twice as long, because you have to pick up everything and occupy them while you do it!
    I actually got mad the other day - DH didn't realize that 30 minutes each way to school, plus 40 minutes each way and an hour of martial arts class to sit through means 4+ hours out of my day.

OP - as long as it was scheduled in advance - let him bitch, it's still on him to get it done! (maybe even take a monthly day off for yourself - sounds like he needs more practice coping!)

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Zero sympathy!!!! Hopefully in the future he appreciates more what you do on a regular basis!
    Lizi

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

0% sympathy

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

When DC was about 2 I took an all day licensing exam. DH had a 1 hour appointment so my mother came over and watched DC while he was gone. I came home from my exam to DC playing with grandma and DH cooking dinner. They had spent the entire afternoon together. I was so disappointed that DH did not get to experience cooking with a toddler. After that day, he never understood why cooking was so hard with DC under foot!

Unless they live it, they have no idea!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    Unless they live it, they have no idea!
    In the early days here there were frequently moms here asking for advice how to help their husbands understand how hard it is to keep up with small children and get things done during the day. Frequently I gave the same advice- make them experience it. I got push back occasionally that I wasn’t kind. But I stand by it. You just can’t fathom how much harder everything is with even one small baby around. It doesn’t take more than an hour either! My own Dh was complaining about the state of our house right after DS was born. I left him for an hour with the baby and said, “all I need is for you to fold this one basket of towels while I’m gone. Can you do that?” Nope, he learned quickly why the house was a disaster and he quit giving me a hard time. Lesson learned.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.