Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Please post the latest on Covid vaccines for kids

I am starting this thread because I believe a lot of us want to keep up with where things are regarding vaccines being available for kids and teens. I went looking for the link someone posted on where things are with Pfizer in terms of their teen study (which I believe is "completed" and I know they are now studying a younger age group, but wish I knew more on what their next steps are with the teen study/data. I couldn't find the exact link that someone posted that seemed to be a direct link to Pfizer updates, so if anyone has that will you please post? Also, would love it if people post any relevant updates to kid/teen vaccine.

Here is an article I found today

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/healt...ine/index.html
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    I am starting this thread because I believe a lot of us want to keep up with where things are regarding vaccines being available for kids and teens. I went looking for the link someone posted on where things are with Pfizer in terms of their teen study (which I believe is "completed" and I know they are now studying a younger age group, but wish I knew more on what their next steps are with the teen study/data. I couldn't find the exact link that someone posted that seemed to be a direct link to Pfizer updates, so if anyone has that will you please post? Also, would love it if people post any relevant updates to kid/teen vaccine.

Here is an article I found today

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/healt...ine/index.html

Based on what I have heard, it sounds like they completed enrollment in the 12-15 yo trial in January, which means they need to collect data at least through March for an EUA, or July/August for approval. If they do an EUA (I think likely), then it will probably be June/July to get the EUA. On clinicaltrials.gov, they are showing a primary completion date in early August, which makes sense if they are doing a 6 month follow up after the second dose. They will likely submit interim data earlier, like they did for the adult indication.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    Based on what I have heard, it sounds like they completed enrollment in the 12-15 yo trial in January, which means they need to collect data at least through March for an EUA, or July/August for approval. If they do an EUA (I think likely), then it will probably be June/July to get the EUA. On clinicaltrials.gov, they are showing a primary completion date in early August, which makes sense if they are doing a 6 month follow up after the second dose. They will likely submit interim data earlier, like they did for the adult indication.
    Yes, this. I check clinicaltrials.gov frequently to see if they'll update that primary completion date (could go faster IF they are more "events" to count) and bump it up...my fingers are crossed!!

I'm also hoping they will be able to collect enough robust data for EUA sooner rather than later...would LOVE for my kids to be vaccinated before the start of the next school year (selfishly).

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My friend just posted this from her pediatrician's office.
    175E4E33-3461-4D29-9139-9A1CE1A73488.jpg

Double post

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    My friend just posted this from her pediatrician's office.
    175E4E33-3461-4D29-9139-9A1CE1A73488.jpg
    Wow, thanks for posting! Guess we will see!

Those of you checking clinicaltrial.gov, is this the trial you check https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...&draw=2&rank=3 ? I am not sure I am finding the right one.
    Last edited by JustMe; 03-29-2021 at 07:53 PM.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Wow, thanks for posting! Guess we will see!

Those of you checking clinicaltrial.gov, is this the trial you check https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...&draw=2&rank=3 ? I am not sure I am finding the right one.
    No, that one is a manufacturing lot trial.

This is the one:
    https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...&draw=2&rank=9

If the link doesn't work, the trial number is NCT04368728.

The primary end date will not change at this point because they have to run it through August to get 6 months of follow up. If the data looks good, they may be able to submit with just 2 months follow up. I am not sure how likely that is since there are far fewer adolescent participants, and they are more likely to have asymptomatic cases.
    Last edited by o_mom; 03-29-2021 at 08:28 PM.

I wish that pediatrician's office would have shared why they think it might get approved earlier than August.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    I wish that pediatrician's office would have shared why they think it might get approved earlier than August.
    I looked at their website (Senders Pediatrics). It appears they were a site for the Pfizer teen trial, if I am reading the info on the website correctly. If that is the case, I would think they would know what they are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    I am not sure how likely that is since there are far fewer adolescent participants, and they are more likely to have asymptomatic cases.
    It really surprised me that the adolescent trials are 2,000-3,000 participants when the adult trials were so large at 40,000-50,000. I've read on why that is the case (kids less likely to become ill so looking at strong immune response), but still find it so surprising.

Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast