Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Stay Home If You Are Sick!!!!

One would think that after a year of this pandemic, you would know that if you feel achy and have no sense of taste or smell that you should stay home and not attend your niece’s birthday party. However, this message is still not getting through to people and is why I no longer trust people and fear we will never get out of this mess. So glad I convinced my husband that we should not attend since our kids are not vaccinated and one is high risk. He thought I was being overly cautious, but today is grateful.

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm glad you stayed away! Yeah, I've pretty much decided I can't trust anyone when it comes to health stuff. This brings to mind what one of my friends told me: to stay sane during his commute, he just assumes that everyone else is an idiot. He said they usually prove that they are, and then he can be pleasantly surprised when someone drives like they should. So when I do anything now, I just assume that others are not going to make the best choices, and I can be pleasantly surprised when they do.
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    One would think that after a year of this pandemic, you would know that if you feel achy and have no sense of taste or smell that you should stay home and not attend your niece’s birthday party. However, this message is still not getting through to people and is why I no longer trust people and fear we will never get out of this mess. So glad I convinced my husband that we should not attend since our kids are not vaccinated and one is high risk. He thought I was being overly cautious, but today is grateful.
    I just don’t get people. Glad you trusted your judgment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh geez.....people, c'mon!!!

It's so selfish and so oblivious.

I'm sorry you had to miss the event, but thankful you are not exposed to Covid after attending.
    K

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

It's inexcusable and makes me absolutely crazy. I have a similar story from last week but it actually makes me too angry to talk about at this point.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This is disappointing. I had hoped that maybe it would signal to people the importance to stay home when ill! I mean, 1. we're all set up for virtual everything now, 2. we recognize that symptoms of even serious illness can appear mild, and 3. we know what it is like to miss something and still live, so what excuse is left? It is so sad to hear that apparently we haven't learned as much as I thought we might have!

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    This is disappointing. I had hoped that maybe it would signal to people the importance to stay home when ill! I mean, 1. we're all set up for virtual everything now, 2. we recognize that symptoms of even serious illness can appear mild, and 3. we know what it is like to miss something and still live, so what excuse is left? It is so sad to hear that apparently we haven't learned as much as I thought we might have!
    I think it could be worse now. Because special events are finally happening and no one wants to miss out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I think it could be worse now. Because special events are finally happening and no one wants to miss out.

I agree. We are being extra vigilant now because so many people don’t want to miss fun events so they’ll attend even if they have symptoms.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post

Exactly!

I have tickets to a concert that was postponed until this summer. I already sold my tickets, as there is no way I am going. I don't trust people will wear a mask, and I don't trust they will stay home if they are sick. Being in a stadium of 65K people just sounds like a really bad idea these days. I struggle just going to school every day when I see what many of my families are doing outside of school hours.

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    Exactly!

I have tickets to a concert that was postponed until this summer. I already sold my tickets, as there is no way I am going. I don't trust people will wear a mask, and I don't trust they will stay home if they are sick. Being in a stadium of 65K people just sounds like a really bad idea these days. I struggle just going to school every day when I see what many of my families are doing outside of school hours.
    Is your district back in person then?
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast