Thread: Flu question

MSWR0319 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Flu question

I know the answer, but just double checking. DS2 got diagnosed with flu a yesterday. Totally not expected, as I just thought he had a cold but he has asthma and I wanted his lungs checked out. Wrong! Even the doctor was surprised because he wasn't acting at all like the flu and b is circulating here, and A usually makes you feel worse. Well, DS1 woke up this morning with a temp of 100 and feels like crap. Much more "typical flu" than DS2. DS2 is still home today because he's considered contagious because it's his 5th day with a cough. He can't get this again assuming DS1 has the same strain, right? I realize he can get it if it's a different strain, but I'm hoping it's not since DS1 came down with it right after DS2. My goal is to sanitize today but not sure I'll get everything done.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes, if it’s the same strain he will not be susceptible to it. It is likely to be the same since they are children living in the same household. Hope everyone feels better soon and you don’t get it!
    K

I assume it would be the same strain. My kids and I all got the flu last year, and DS1 had it very mildly compared to the other two. Fingers crossed you don’t get it too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I assume it would be the same strain. My kids and I all got the flu last year, and DS1 had it very mildly compared to the other two. Fingers crossed you don’t get it too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Agreed.

Everyone in our family had the flu except me last year. Even without tamiflu DS1 and Ds3 were sick like under 48 hours. The only reason I know/suspect they had the flu too is because DS2 had it first and tested positive. He was sick with a fever for about 3-4 days and then some lingering not feeling well a few more days, it definitely hit him the hardest out of anyone but even then he was technically okay to go back to school in about a week. They had B I think.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019