trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Question Back hurts after Ktan, what am I doing wrong?

DS is 3 months old and about 12 pounds. I finally tried out my Ktan when I needed to get some stuff done around the house and he just wanted to be held. My back was pretty sore later that day. I am sure I did something wrong with the Ktan. Any thoughts?
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

I used the k'tan for the first 5-6 weeks then switched to something more supportive
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

jbbhb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

For me, I had to pull that loop that holds the two larger loops together as far down as possible. I hope that makes sense. I also found it helped if I used that extra sash too.

meljc is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jbbhb View Post
    For me, I had to pull that loop that holds the two larger loops together as far down as possible. I hope that makes sense. I also found it helped if I used that extra sash too.
    All this! And make sure you're spreading the passes nice and wide around both your back and baby's ti distribute weight effectively. I was mostly done with the k'tan around 15lbs.

You can also try something like a Gemini, which is adjustable for newborn to toddler and keeps everyone in an ergonomic position :-)
    http://www.mysweetpickles.com/Beco-G....html?AffId=10