Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Yay! This means hopefully this summer for Dd1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    I was just coming to post!!
    https://www.streetinsider.com/Corpor.../18244386.html

I'm not sure how long it'll take. It's less data to have to go through. And, it's an "amendment" to the existing EUA...will that expedite things??? I'm literally on the edge of my seat now. The next step is to have that VRBPAC meeting scheduled. That'll be huge since prior vaccine EUAs have come within days of this meeting. And will they livestream it again? If so, I'M IN. Again.
    That makes at least 2 of us on the edge of our seats (and I am sure there are more)! Another big question is going to be what is rollout going to be like with so much of the adult population who wants a vaccine not having arms yet. It will be the same vaccine, right? so then there is vaccine supply to consider.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

This makes me so happy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Woo-hoo! I need to go sign up for alerts! Although my BBB friends are a good alert system too!

ETA: MSWR0319, which alert system did you get this from? Thanks!
    It was a breaking news alert from my CNN ap.

I was just coming to post!!
    https://www.streetinsider.com/Corpor.../18244386.html

I'm not sure how long it'll take. It's less data to have to go through. And, it's an "amendment" to the existing EUA...will that expedite things??? I'm literally on the edge of my seat now. The next step is to have that VRBPAC meeting scheduled. That'll be huge since prior vaccine EUAs have come within days of this meeting. And will they livestream it again? If so, I'M IN. Again.
    I have no idea how the process works from here, so I'm leaning on you to tell us what the steps mean! I'm so excited!! I literally checked the pharmacies in the area to see how supply is and the closes CVS has 30+ appointment available for the next four days. I'm hoping they are that wide open when this gets approved and hoping that our governor takes it from 16 to 12 right away.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I saw the news for 12-15 too and am so glad! Hopefully when it's ready, they're able to get enough to get it into the kids too. Michigan is open to all right now. I have had 2, DH gets #2 in a few days, and DS1 got his first this week. We opened to 16+ Monday and he was off school Tuesday, so we found a walk-in site about 45 min away, but it was super easy and fast. Counting down until we can all be vaccinated.
    Kris

GREAT GREAT GREAT news!

I am concerned about the supply when they move it down to 12 year olds, but hopeful that they will be able to cover this.
    I am so hopeful that things will move faster for the younger kids too.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

OK, so I may be wrong about a VRBPAC meeting - since this is an amendment to an existing EUA, the FDA may not consult with their advisory committee on it. I'm not sure. Our county judge posted on twitter to go ahead and get on the waiting list for 12-15yos, so I went ahead and did that (though there's another place I'd rather take them, if I'm able to get appointments). I'll just be keeping a VERY SHARP eye on the news and vaccine providers in the next weeks, LOL!

OK, so I may be wrong about a VRBPAC meeting - since this is an amendment to an existing EUA, the FDA may not consult with their advisory committee on it. I'm not sure. Our county judge posted on twitter to go ahead and get on the waiting list for 12-15yos, so I went ahead and did that (though there's another place I'd rather take them, if I'm able to get appointments). I'll just be keeping a VERY SHARP eye on the news and vaccine providers in the next weeks, LOL!
    Oh that would be even better!

I wish I could find out how to get on a waiting list for my 2 oldest kids. Any advice on that?

Does anyone think that they will move faster with the next age bracket of kids?

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalmom View Post

I wish I could find out how to get on a waiting list for my 2 oldest kids. Any advice on that?

I would follow all the local county health departments on social media - that's been one of my quickest sources of info. If you have any large hospital systems managing mass vaccination clinics, follow them too. My area has a local vaccine finding FB group that has been incredibly helpful and supportive. Local news...basically keep an eye out on all sources of local info! (disclaimer - my state has opened up vaccine rather quickly to everyone - perhaps a bad sign of the level of vaccine hesitancy - and not all states are doing it this way)

I'm not sure about the next age bracket...but my sense is that they wouldn't move any more quickly. Little kids are trickier to begin with...and we're going into a time period now where it could be harder to collect data. I could be wrong but that's just my sense. I do believe vaccine WILL become available to the littles, I'm just not sure about timing. Everything I've read says it could happen by the end of the year but more likely early 2022.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalmom View Post

I think the only definitive answer to ANYTHING related to how to how to get vaccine appointments, get on waiting lists, etc is "it depends"

In addition to state by state differences, the various vaccine providers have different systems, and each local CVS may have variations, etc.

DIL will be eligible in her small state sometime next week. Based on some of the state information, she thought that she could go ahead now and schedule an appointment as long as it is after the eligibility date. Then she heard from friends who were ahead of her and had done something similar...but were turned away when they showed up for their appointment because they scheduled it too soon..

Her FB feed has been full of comments like “that’s not true" or "I did x and am already vaccinated" etc. it doesn’t help that many FB friends live nearby, but over the state line in a much larger state. Arrggghh!

Good luck, all!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast