Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Prices of real Christmas trees where you live

I had sticker shock today when I bought my 6.5-7' Fraiser Fir tree- $95. It's really not that much more than I have paid before but it is definitely the most I have ever paid. Bought it at the same place as last year and it was $75-85. Other trees on the lot were $100-110. I bought it from a local garden center. I guess next year if I am going to part with that much money, I will seek out one of the charity sponsored tree sales so I know the charity benefits.
    Are prices the same as usual where you live or did you notice an increase this year too?

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Prices of real Christmas trees where you live

I was at Home Depot on Sunday and I noticed an 8-9 foot Noble Fir is $99. I just saw the sign and didn’t stop to look. We usually get a 6-7 ft. Noble Fir and paid $80 last year and bought through a local charity. I think our tree may have been closer to 8 ft. though. That lot sold out of pre orders so I need to call and see what they have a available. In years past we paid between $50-$70 at Lowe’s for anywhere between a 5-7 ft. Noble Fir. I have only ever had a Noble Fir tree.

Costco was selling trees for $49 but I don’t recall the type of tree it was but they are all listed as 7-8 ft. and you don’t get to pick the tree. The person pulls it out of the back of the truck for you. For that price I am tempted to try it, but my kids love picking out the tree.

With tree prices I am also seriously considering a fake tree, but we all love real trees here.

We usually buy this weekend as we keep our tree up through early January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

6-61/2 ft Frazier Fur &100. Just a little larger $150. North Jersey near NYC

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post

Costco was selling trees for $49 but I don’t recall the type of tree it was but they are all listed as 7-8 ft. and you don’t get to pick the tree. The person pulls it out of the back of the truck for you. For that price I am tempted to try it, but my kids love picking out the tree.
    I did Costco 2-3 years. The last year was such an absolute dud that I will never do it again. It was in absolutely terrible shape.
    No one in my family likes picking out a tree so for that reason Costco worked. But, I just go to smaller lots so I am not overwhelmed but still have choices.

We bought ours at the farmer's market. There were four vendors set up side by side. We also buy 6.5 or 7-foot-trees, and the prices at three of the vendors ranged from $85 to $110. The fourth vendor's trees were slightly cheaper and we paid $70.

I remember paying between $40 and $50 up until two or three years ago.

I've never like the idea of going to Costco because you basically buy it sight unseen.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We paid $110 in Central NJ. I didn't have the time or energy to drive around and keep looking. We had been to this farm before but had stopped a few years ago because it was expensive.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We haven’t been yet this year but I had sticker shock last year. I think our tree was $135. I remember the trees being in the $100 range in previous years. We generally get a ten foot tree but still expensive. I tried to talk my gang into forgoing the tree last year and donating the money to our local food pantry but they weren’t having it. They were happen to make a donation but not in place of the live tree.

Kindra178 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes sticker shock. Trees last year that were around $85 (8 foot frasier) were
    $100 this year

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Dh literally asked me what we were going to do about a tree this year after I first posted earlier and I told him what I had seen over the weekend and he told me to order an artificial tree. I ordered a 7’ unlit spruce from Amazon……my kids are going to kill me but if we have this thing for even 3 years with the price of trees now it will pay for itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Wait...did Costco have trees this year? I thought I heard they weren't doing them this year...
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast