Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Meet GB :)

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

What is your favorite baseball park?

Fenway has an amazing feel to it, but nothing beats the bleachers at Wrigley.

Giantbear is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trcy View Post
    Sorry I am late to this thread....What do you have planned for your DD's birthday?
    Last year we threw a party at our house, this year, we are taking it easy and going to a Kids U and then family back home after for some bbq.
    Proud father of dd 5-30-10

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    What's your favorite superhero & why???
    Can i say myself?? Has to be Superman, he flies, he is strong, he is good....... Mostly he flies. That would just be cool

Quote Originally Posted by boilermakermom View Post
    What is your favorite baseball park?

Fenway has an amazing feel to it, but nothing beats the bleachers at Wrigley.
    I am not sure you can answer your own question..... I have to check the rules

I'm not much of a baseball fan, haven;t been to Yankee or Met stadium, only new park i;ve been to is in Philly. Fenway and Wrigley are cool, been to both, lots of history at both.

Wow...fun read. I missed the party last week but it was fun getting to know you better. If you have time for one more....

What do you think makes being a dad so unique from being a mom?
    --------
    DS - Adopted by loving parents 1995
    DS1 7/2009 ('Stachio)
    DS2 9/2011 (Peanut)

Quote Originally Posted by BabbyO View Post
    Wow...fun read. I missed the party last week but it was fun getting to know you better. If you have time for one more....

What do you think makes being a dad so unique from being a mom?
    I can pee standing up

There is no difference in the absolute. Aside from physical limitations (try as i did, i just could not lactate), the only differences are the labels and limitations we place on ourselves.

KLD313 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Giantbear View Post
    I will not give advice, but i will ask her a question - "is this 100% what you want to do, do not feel trapped into walking down that isle if you are not 100% sure. We can turn this into a great party either way" I will then tell her during our dance that, although she has a husband now, I will always be her father and she can always count on me being there for her.
    Can I just say I LOVE this and it made me cry because my father said the exact same thing to me. I should have listened because we're divorced now, but it meant a lot to me at the time. My father died 6 years ago but I always remember him saying this to me. Your DD is very lucky to have you.
    DD 9/10
    DS 8/12

Quote Originally Posted by KLD313 View Post
    Can I just say I LOVE this and it made me cry because my father said the exact same thing to me. I should have listened because we're divorced now, but it meant a lot to me at the time. My father died 6 years ago but I always remember him saying this to me. Your DD is very lucky to have you.
    I have to admit, this is what my mother said to me and my sisters before we walked down the isle. I want her to know that, no matter what, i am the one person who she can always rely on. I hope i can live up to it.

I have enjoyed this exercise, please, anyone feel free to keep asking questions.

stefani is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

What does your DD do that just melt your heart?

BTW, I think you are a great father!
    Stefani

Mommy to DS born 5 Sep 03

Quote Originally Posted by stefani View Post
    What does your DD do that just melt your heart?

BTW, I think you are a great father!
    I am not sure i can answer this question, she does so much. I think mostly i love when she runs across a room yelling 'daddydaddydaddydaddydaddy' and jumps into my arms. There was the time at the zoo two weeks ago i told her she had to walk, that my back was hurting and, before i could put her down, she reached over my shoulder, rubbed my back and told me, now it is all better. I also love listening to her sing. and laugh.

Thanks you for the compliment.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast