Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default It is too d**m hot!

106. That's insane for this area. Most of the older homes like ours don't even have air conditioning. They are opening up cooling centers all over the place.

And I'm drinking so much water I have to pee all the time!

It's cooler in parts of Texas than here.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

pharmjenn is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

About 109 for us. I work nights and woke up to a house somehow reset to AC of 90. I feel for those, like you, for don't have AC. I can't imagine.
    mom to Billy 12/07

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I told my brother, who is likely in your area, to check into a hotel. They can afford it. Why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm so sick of the heat! We have a big fire burning in the hills near us and the heat is just making it all feel even worse.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    I'm so sick of the heat! We have a big fire burning in the hills near us and the heat is just making it all feel even worse.
    I think you're by me right? Burbank fires. It's been 107 at my house all week. A smidge cooler today. I couldn't survive without AC. Ours is barely keeping up (it's super old).

Luckily our pool was finished 6 weeks ago. We've been in it almost every day or night!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

San Francisco was 106 yesterday! Unheard of!

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I think you're by me right? Burbank fires. It's been 107 at my house all week. A smidge cooler today. I couldn't survive without AC. Ours is barely keeping up (it's super old).
    Yup, we're in Burbank. My A/C has been out to the test over the past week!

I feel for the kids because they barely got outside at school all last week due to the heat and now we're keeping them inside at home too. We're not that close to the fires, but there's ash all over everything in my yard and I don't want them out there breathing that in.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh you guys have it worse than we do. Our high today is forecast as 91. Honestly, that's not too terrible. It is unseasonably hot FOR SURE but the bigger issue for us is that it is only 7 a.m. and it is already 77 degrees. THAT is what is killing us here. We have many, many homes without any kind of air conditioning because it ALWAYS cools down at night and there is this whole process we use to keep our homes cool. Luckily for me, I installed a window A/C unit in my LR this summer. It was expensive and is one of those expenses that I was lamenting when I was waiting for my money to come in (which it hasn't BTW) but honestly now it feels like money well spent! I feel for my friends, I have SO SO many without a single device for cooling off the house! If I were near the fires (which are affecting our skies a little but not our air too badly) I'm not sure what I would do.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    Yup, we're in Burbank. My A/C has been out to the test over the past week!

I feel for the kids because they barely got outside at school all last week due to the heat and now we're keeping them inside at home too. We're not that close to the fires, but there's ash all over everything in my yard and I don't want them out there breathing that in.
    Granada Hills here. We made it to 115 at one point during the week. We've been stuck inside for recess and lunch all week!!! Thankfully at school, I'm in a portable, so my a/c works well, but the a/c in the main building is barely functional. The east coast gets days off for snow and extreme cold. We should get days off for extreme heat!! We have a super old a/c unit at home, and it has not been able to keep up. It is keeping our house around 83 degrees which is better than nothing. The school my DH works at is being used as an evacuation center for the fire. He is assuming they will be back to school on Tuesday. Thankfully this week the temps are supposed to be in the 90's.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    Granada Hills here. We made it to 115 at one point during the week. We've been stuck inside for recess and lunch all week!!! Thankfully at school, I'm in a portable, so my a/c works well, but the a/c in the main building is barely functional. The east coast gets days off for snow and extreme cold. We should get days off for extreme heat!! We have a super old a/c unit at home, and it has not been able to keep up. It is keeping our house around 83 degrees which is better than nothing. The school my DH works at is being used as an evacuation center for the fire. He is assuming they will be back to school on Tuesday. Thankfully this week the temps are supposed to be in the 90's.
    So only two years ago they built a new magnet high school in my town. Guess what they DON'T have at this new high school? ANY kind of AC. So the school has been dismissing at noon all last week. For extreme heat! So it does happen. It seems inexcusable to me that they didn't know that our city has been gradually getting hotter and hotter and just plan for that when building this new high school. I can't imagine how much it is going to impact the students if they regularly get early dismissal or days off because of heat!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast