Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Which of These Dresses for DD?

DD is 14 years old, 5'6-7", thin, and has the bottom 3-4" of her shoulder length auburn hair died bright orange. I need to find her a dress for our Christmas pix that will look good on her and not clash with the hair. (no, I am not going to photoshop out the hair--this is her at this point in her life...) Her brother will be wearing a light blue shirt and blue tie and blue dress pants. He might even wear his suit coat-he likes how he looks in his suit. I am not DH and I will be in the pix. If so, DH will probably go for blue. I would wear either a red dress I have or a royal blue one. They are both dresses that I can wear to work-not evening wear.

Which of these 3 would you pick? (she would be ok with any of these)

This one in malachite. She has it in yellow, which she wore for her 8th grade graduation and it looks good on her--but she can't wear yellow with her current hair.
    https://www.dillards.com/p/calvin-kl...ress/506663778

This looks cute
    https://www.dillards.com/p/gal-meets...ress/509706757

This is ok-in black. I don't know that I like black in a photo of a 14 yo girl????
    https://www.dillards.com/p/cece-shor...ress/509767749

Thanks!!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think the first one, the other two are too old looking for her age, I actually find them a bit fussy. The first one is very cute. I don't know that I'd worry about her hair clashing, if that's her hair color currently I'd gi with it, maybe wear it back a bit? Of course you can't go wrong with black, but if your son is wearing blue, the yellow might be a nice contrast.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Have you looked at the junior department or teen store? They’d open up a lot of good age appropriate dresses.
    Suggestion- don’t wear red. Things don’t sound really well blended already and red sticks out. But, I’ll let other moms chime in that are really good at picking clothes for family photo shoots.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

First one! Most age appropriate. Black would work nicely
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The first one but I’d go shopping I’m not in love with it but it’s better than the other 2
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

SnuggleBunnies--I did look at the juniors. They all involve mini skirt dresses with skinny straps/no backs or sleeves. The shoot will be outside and DD would freeze. She also doesn't like those dresses. We tried some on and she doesn't fill them out well on top.

edited to add-the Macys juniors look nicer than Dillards--thanks! I will look through these some more. Quite a few were cute on top but have really short skirts. DD isn't comfortable with that look. (and neither am I unless it was a dress to wear for a dance)

I guess I will wear the blue dress I have instead of the red....
    Last edited by StantonHyde; 10-20-2019 at 09:50 PM.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I like the malachite one. I say give it a try and see if it isn't too contrasting with the orange hair.
    K

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

First one (malachite) for sure! The other two look too Wednesday Addams and stiff looking to me.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If the shoot is outside, maybe consider more casual clothing? Pants, jeans, sweaters? You might have better luck coordinating.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast