Thread: Rocketbook?

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Rocketbook?

Does anyone use a Rocketbook? How about kids using them at school?

I briefly looked into them this summer thinking it would cut down on how much they need to carry daily, but I just wasn't sure. They do not have lockers this year and do have Chromebooks in bags to carry. They only have 3 classes a day, so it's not too bad bringing the right notebooks, etc, but I wonder if a Rocketbook or similar would be good. It looks a little bit of a pain to have to use a phone to get the documents to Google or someplace else, but I imagine kids for sure would get it easily enough.

Many are on sale 25-40% off on Amazon now, so I'm looking again.

DD is a paper lover, so I'm less sure about her. The boys read e-books and type notes when they can, but both need paper notebooks for class, so I wonder if they'd like these instead.
    Kris

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My dad has used them for years and really loves them (he's a tech guy). My 14 year olds got them about a year ago and even though they think they are really cool and they work amazingly well (erase really clean....which was my concern)....they don't necessarily "think to use them" (DD's words just now). I think taking it too school would risk it getting pretty beat up (just our backpack experience) and it might not last the way I would want it to. I feel like it would actually be PERFECT for me (I use a bullet journal every day) but at the same time I'm not going to invest yet because I have a couple cheapy notebooks that are serving my purpose perfectly. All that said I think it's a crazy smart product and very nicely designed.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

One of our teachers suggested it when I said that DS1 has taken NO Notes since school started!!!

Which one would you guys be getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Melaine! Good point on backpacks, but I think this year would be okay since they are using their Chromebook bags and they can't shove much in it.

I think I will get all 3 kids one and then one for me. I have too many notebooks going and always grab the wrong one it seems. I think the Fusion 8.5x11 size? Maybe smaller would be better - more of a composition book size? I don't know. I do like that the Fusion version has a calendar, place for tasks/due dates, and both the dot grid and lined pages.
    Kris

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    Thanks Melaine! Good point on backpacks, but I think this year would be okay since they are using their Chromebook bags and they can't shove much in it.

I think I will get all 3 kids one and then one for me. I have too many notebooks going and always grab the wrong one it seems. I think the Fusion 8.5x11 size? Maybe smaller would be better - more of a composition book size? I don't know. I do like that the Fusion version has a calendar, place for tasks/due dates, and both the dot grid and lined pages.
    Oh I missed that it had those features! The ones we have are just lined paper. Ooooh now I really want one myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Oh I missed that it had those features! The ones we have are just lined paper. Ooooh now I really want one myself!

The Fusion version has a monthly calendar, weekly calendar, task list, goals, and ideas areas as well as the two types of pages. There are 18 of the dot grid and 18 lined.

I'm going with the regular size in 4 different colors. I'll get them a pack of the Frixion pens and I'll get DD some of the markers as well to try out.
    Kris

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So funny, I just read a big post about these last night on a college board I'm on. Lots of parents chimed in that their college kids loved them. They are 25% off on the Rocketbook website. I ended up ordering DS1, who's a HS senior, the lined Rocketbook Core and the Rocketbook Capsule II cover. It was cheaper on the Rocketbook site than Amazon. I will tuck it away to give to DS as a graduating gift or his birthday in August. I put the Rocketbook Mini on my Christmas wish list. I also read that the 0.5 pens are better than the 0.7 pens since they dry faster, but they don't sell them on their website.

https://getrocketbook.com/collection...nt=31416131534

https://getrocketbook.com/collection...34307740991627

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by essnce629; 11-25-2020 at 04:59 PM.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    So funny, I just read a big post about these last night on a college board I'm on. Lots of parents chimed in that their college kids loved them. They are 25% off on the Rocketbook website. I ended up ordering DS1, who's a HS senior, the lined Rocketbook Core and the Rocketbook Capsule II cover. It was cheaper on the Rocketbook site than Amazon. I will tuck it away to give to DS as a graduating gift or his birthday in August. I put the Rocketbook Mini on my Christmas wish list. I also read that the 0.5 pens are better than the 0.7 pens since they dry faster, but they don't sell them on their website.

https://getrocketbook.com/collection...nt=31416131534

https://getrocketbook.com/collection...34307740991627

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    That's great to hear about college kids using them too. Thanks!

The cover looks like a good idea. I'm going to give that some thought too. It might help for the backpack situation.
    Kris

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My DSs school have been using them for pandemic homework. The homework gets sorted to the appropriate folder and gets to the appropriate teacher