Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

We keep ours at 78 and use fans to save on the electric bill. But, yeah, you're right.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

DH and I like to sleep in cold rooms, as well our kids. But even 68 is cold for us! We only lower that on super super hot heatwave days.

Normally it’s 71 end of May until July 4th when we start having more 85 above temp days. And lower it to 70 usually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Dh was all grouchy this morning because I keep the house too cold for him to comfortably sleep at at night.

Thermostat is set to 69.

He sleeps under a sheet in just boxers.

It's 100% his fault if he's cold. "It's uncomfortable to sleep under a blanket in the summer." ?? I can't even wrap my head around that argument. It's uncomfortable to do so if it's hot! Not if it's cold. What does the fact that it's summer have to do with anything??

If I had my way it would be even colder.

He thinks 71 should be our compromise. 73 would be his ideal.

Nope.

I know I'm right. Put on a shirt, grab a blanket and get over it.
    You are right. I need it COLD!!

doberbrat is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I def prefer to be cold over hot for sleeping. I sleep better that way. During the winter, our bedroom is about 55-58. During the summer though, I suck it up and keep it at 73 and wear as few clothes as possible. I need to have something on top of me though. A sheet or something at least.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    He can totally get a blanket. But wow, that's a lot of air conditioning!!! In the summer, I put the AC at 75 at night and use a fan in my room. During the day its set at 78. And I say this as a 54 year old menopausal woman!!!
    This is exactly what we do. If I have to put a cardigan on in the house in the summer, it’s too damn cold.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by almostmom View Post
    In your situation, you are right.

But if you were in my house...well...

I wait all year to have warm air around me. I love sleeping without a lot of covers, feeling warm (but not boiling) and I hate having cold air blowing on me! I set the AC at 73 or so at night, just so everyone else doesn't complain. But the last thing I want is to wear lots of clothes and covers to sleep in summer when I just want to enjoy the warmth and lightness of a sheet and basically no clothes. I deal with 8 months of cold so that I can finally be warm - when I'm anywhere with too much ac it makes me mad... Sorry, just giving the other perspective!
    Yes!! This. We're a 75ish household in the summer and use ceiling fans if that feels too warm. I'm perpetually cold in the winter months so the last thing I want to do in the summer is pay to cool the air back down to cardigan level.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I keep it at 75 during the day...until the heat makes me cranky usually around 4-5pm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I keep it at 75 during the day...until the heat makes me cranky usually around 4-5pm.

Makes me cranky too. I am with you. I keep my house cold and right now I am under a blanket with a sweatshirt. Heavenly.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

You may be right that if your DH is cold, he should grab a blanket! … but … shouldn't he get a say in the temperature of the bedroom?

Maybe come up with a compromise temperature, switch off weekly/nightly...

Sorry, but I was your DH for years in my house before we had central AC. DH loved the window units; I hate them with a passion (they are loud, ugly, and block a window).

Maybe try to talk to him and find a compromise...

I know this is the BP, so I may be "out of line".... This is all said in the friendliest of ways !

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I set it to 71 last night and it was ok!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast