Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My district is requiring masks for all, and will have weekly testing. That is it. They are dropping all of the other safety measures that we had to follow last spring. Even though the CDC recommends 3 feet of spacing, since it isn’t required, they are not doing that. At the elem level, we only have double tables in our classrooms so unvaccinated kids will be sitting elbow to elbow all day. Our covid rates are rising, and hospitalizations are getting much higher as well. My son’s doctor does not want him returning, and said it is just a matter of when, not if, there will be outbreaks in our schools here. Our superintendent who was very cautious during last year retired, and we have an interim who could care less. Plus with the Newsom recall most of California is ignoring our rising rates of covid. I have a feeling things will change after the recall election on Sept 14th.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Delta is rampant in our state too. Currently the legislature has made it impossible for school districts to require masks. However the local Catholic diocese just declared all students 4+ will be wearing masks so the private schools will be getting on board soon I imagine.

Our vaccination rate is low and not likely to improve. I heard that only 12% of 12-17 yo (in our state) have vaccinated. My DC3 is too young so my DC1+DC2 will be wearing masks to protect her. They likely will be some of the only ones wearing masks.
    K

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS2's middle school (public independent charter) just released it's plans for fall:

* Full, 5 days a week in person return.
    * Continue to utilize a daily health screening protocol.
    * Universal masking indoors will be required of all community members, regardless of vaccination status. If proof of a medical exemption is provided, a student will need to wear an approved shield and drape.
    * Guidelines do not require students to wear masks outdoors during lunch, snack, and recess. However, we strongly encourage students to wear masks outside as much as possible.
    * Continue to utilize a regular COVID testing protocol.
    * For the initial part of the school year, we will be limiting families and volunteers on campus.
    * Continue to use air purifiers, natural ventilation, daily cleaning protocols, and robust handwashing and hand sanitizing protocols.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    DS2's middle school (public independent charter) just released it's plans for fall:

* Universal masking indoors will be required of all community members, regardless of vaccination status. If proof of a medical exemption is provided, a student will need to wear an approved shield and drape.
    * Guidelines do not require students to wear masks outdoors during lunch, snack, and recess. However, we strongly encourage students to wear masks outside as much as possible.
    * For the initial part of the school year, we will be limiting families and volunteers on campus.
    * Continue to use air purifiers, natural ventilation, daily cleaning protocols, and robust handwashing and hand sanitizing protocols.

This is EXACTLY what our public school district is doing as well. In addition, they're offering a separate virtual program for any student who wants to enroll.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Watched a portion of the school board meeting. They will re-evaluate guidance every 30 days and will follow CDC. For now, that means masks for all.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No news from our district yet but we don't go back until after Labor Day. Superintendents association has written Cuomo demanding the state release guidance now so that schools can start planning. Our district went mask optional the last two weeks of school (late June) because of heat/heat index and so I will find it hard to believe our district would go back to requiring masks if they don't have to, which sucks. Seems to me that masks are the easiest and least expensive (doesn't cost the schools anything) mitigation factor for a school to take. The only thing our district has said is that they expect bussing will still have to be reduced density and that the school day will go back to regular schedule start and end times (they had a shortened day last year).
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

No updates from ours yet. Last I heard anything was in June when the board decided masks would be optional for all staff and students in buildings but mandatory on busses. Why they decided to make that announcement in June when classes don’t start until the end of August is beyond me. I trust our superintendent and assistant superintendent to make good decisions but I do not trust our school board, they just cave to pressure from parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post

I'm sending this to our charter school! I'd love to see this set-up for the Fall.

I'm pretty sure that we'll have masks required indoors. I hope we do all the above as well!

The CDC will announce today that it is recommending masks for all in grades K-12 regardless of vaccination status. I wonder if this will lead our governor to reinstate the mandate as opposed to a strong recommendation.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I'm sending this to our charter school! I'd love to see this set-up for the Fall.

I'm pretty sure that we'll have masks required indoors. I hope we do all the above as well!
    Those are the guidelines our schools tried to follow and there were still disruptions with kids and entire classes quarantined, and at times full buildings closed for a few days if there were so many cases per school. My kids did cyber last year and are now vaccinated and my soon to be high schooler especially wants to get back to school. I am actually hoping they go back to masks for everyone because I do not trust that many teens here are vaccinated.

Just learned in a work meeting this morning that the CDC is now recommending masks for everyone in school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast