Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

TOMs (and any closed off shoe like ballet flats) make my feet sweaty, unfortunately, but I love the look - and if your feet aren't super sweaty they may work. I have pretty sweaty feet and only a pretty open sandal will keep them dry, even with a foot spray.

How "closed-toe" do they have to be? Could you go with a closed-toe sandal? There are some really cute Jambu styles like this:

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I like going to dsw and trying on their flats. They are all in a row. I don't wear heals and am a lawyer so often need something dressy enough but flat. I have found some great shoes.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    TOMs (and any closed off shoe like ballet flats) make my feet sweaty, unfortunately, but I love the look - and if your feet aren't super sweaty they may work. I have pretty sweaty feet and only a pretty open sandal will keep them dry, even with a foot spray.

How "closed-toe" do they have to be? Could you go with a closed-toe sandal? There are some really cute Jambu styles like this:

ooh, that is super cute! what style is that!? at my work i think they're pretty lax and i think those would be totally ok (i've seen women at work wear open-toe strappy sandals, so nothing is really off-limits).

and yes, i hate having sweaty feet. i am super-prone to athlete's foot and have to spray a ton just to stop my feet from itching in the summer. So annoying. this is why i hoard purses, and not shoes, bc with shoes it is virtually impossible for me to be stylish at all since i have so many limitations (no high heels, no making my feet sweat, have to be wide enough, can't look silly/clownish at size 9.5, have to be easy to walk in as i'm a klutz, etc). don't know if i'm just picky or if all those other women suffers 8 hours a day in silence wearing their stilettos. LOL.

and thanks Snugglebuggles i will have to check out Nordies!
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 06-10-2013 at 12:11 AM.

I also have sweaty feet and bad knees. I do like heels, but 2" is pushing it for me. I can only wear something like that for a limited time these days. I spend a lot of time on my feet so I need super comfy shoes for my business casual (no jeans) workplace. I tend to do 1 1/2" heels, ballet flats, or slingbacks, depending on the weather.

I saw that you mentioned skorts, so these may be too dressy for you, but I've been wearing these Boden slingbacks with my pants now that it's hotter. I have a lot of shorter length pants (that are not quite capris) for summer. The shoes are gold so they go with everything. Lots of brands do slingbacks with little to no heel. With skirts/dresses, I do a fishnet stocking because I just don't do hose, and tights are too hot. If I don't wear heels I wear a ballet flat. I have all kinds of colors and styles. My faves are from Nine West and Franco Sarto. If I was in the US I'd check out Zappos and Nordies because of their shipping options.

ETA: I have these and wear them often in the warmer months: http://www.amazon.com/FRANCO-SARTO-W.../dp/B0078EW9KU
    Last edited by MontrealMum; 06-10-2013 at 02:36 AM.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    ooh, that is super cute! what style is that!? at my work i think they're pretty lax and i think those would be totally ok (i've seen women at work wear open-toe strappy sandals, so nothing is really off-limits).

and yes, i hate having sweaty feet. i am super-prone to athlete's foot and have to spray a ton just to stop my feet from itching in the summer. So annoying. this is why i hoard purses, and not shoes, bc with shoes it is virtually impossible for me to be stylish at all since i have so many limitations (no high heels, no making my feet sweat, have to be wide enough, can't look silly/clownish at size 9.5, have to be easy to walk in as i'm a klutz, etc). don't know if i'm just picky or if all those other women suffers 8 hours a day in silence wearing their stilettos. LOL.

and thanks Snugglebuggles i will have to check out Nordies!
    I did a google image search for "jambu closed toe sandals" to find that one, LOL because I remember seeing a similar pair of Jambus from athleta...anyway I googled again and here's the zappos link!

http://www.zappos.com/jambu-ocean-da...130610125950:s

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    thanks everyone! i will look into Toms for sure. where do you typically buy them?? sadly, i really can't order shoes online..i have weird-shaped feet, wear a size 9-9.5, sometimes i need a wide so i always have to try stuff on first..other wise it's a 95% probability i have to send stuff back and i dont' want to deal with waiting, paying return shipping, etc. i tried looking at find a retailer and it says Whole Foods sells them?? any other B&M store that is a good place that might have a decent selection?

those sketchers look cute, too.
    Nordstrom, for the return policy, price and selection! If u have one near...
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

speo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I accidentally posted this in the other sandal thread ...

What about:

Cole Haan Air Bacara flats http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/maria-sh...sults-_-1_13_C

some oxfords would look good with skirts and you could wear no show socks

sperry topsiders

Also ... I have been very happy with my Bernardo Mistral sandals. There is so much air that my feet don't get sweaty. http://shop.bernardofootwear.com/Sea...Search=mistral
    DS1 2005 and DS2 2007

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by speo View Post
    I accidentally posted this in the other sandal thread ...

What about:

Cole Haan Air Bacara flats http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/maria-sh...sults-_-1_13_C

some oxfords would look good with skirts and you could wear no show socks

sperry topsiders

Also ... I have been very happy with my Bernardo Mistral sandals. There is so much air that my feet don't get sweaty. http://shop.bernardofootwear.com/Sea...Search=mistral
    Air Bacaras are my fav flats.

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Does it have to be closed toe?

My staple in the summer for work is the Dansko Sophie sandal.

I also HATE heels, but really these are very comfy.

http://www.zappos.com/dansko-sophie

I have no time to shoe shop IRL, so I am all about the buying and returning with Zappos.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2