Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I love that second one!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So I think the real life pics tell a truer story, the way that dress gathers at the waist and falls did not do much for many of the women, except the pregnant one. It was perfect for a medium sized bump, but on the others it just didn't look right. I like how you can really see how it fits real people in RTR vs on a hanger or a size 2, 6 foot model.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    So I think the real life pics tell a truer story, the way that dress gathers at the waist and falls did not do much for many of the women, except the pregnant one. It was perfect for a medium sized bump, but on the others it just didn't look right. I like how you can really see how it fits real people in RTR vs on a hanger or a size 2, 6 foot model.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    True. I'm a pear shape, small chest and anything that gathers in the front like that dress makes me look pregnant. It was very flattering on several people who were broader up top or fuller figures, but I don't think it would work for a pear shape.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Christmas part dress for Vegas

I love Rent the Runway, but tbh I would wait until at least October or November to place a rental. I would also look at a large Nordstrom Rack because I have also found fancy dresses for less than $30 there. I hope there is a nice large one close to you, although the one at South Coast is one of the best in the region. It is going to be a crap shoot, but I have had good luck with Nordstrom Rack when RTR doesn’t have something I want. I wait until the last minute because Rent the Runway’s stock does change. There are also a million ways to search and in the dress finder you need to keep in mind that it doesn’t include dresses XS-XL only ones in traditional sizes. I weed out dresses by looking at reviews of dresses that are close to my size.

Also you have an advantage as you are within 30 minutes of the RTR store in Woodland Hills, right? I have thought about going over there, but it is an hour+ from my house and I haven’t been in that much of a pinch when looking for a dress. Send me a pm if you have more RTR questions.

Last edited by AnnieW625; 06-30-2019 at 04:13 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I love Rent the Runway, but tbh I would wait until at least October or November to place a rental. I would also look at a large Nordstrom Rack because I have also found fancy dresses for less than $30 there. I hope there is a nice large one close to you, although the one at South Coast is one of the best in the region. It is going to be a crap shoot, but I have had good luck with Nordstrom Rack when RTR doesn’t have something I want. I wait until the last minute because Rent the Runway’s stock does change. There are also a million ways to search and in the dress finder you need to keep in mind that it doesn’t include dresses XS-XL only ones in traditional sizes. I weed out dresses by looking at reviews of dresses that are close to my size.

Also you have an advantage as you are within 30 minutes of the RTR store in Woodland Hills, right? I have thought about going over there, but it is an hour+ from my house and I haven’t been in that much of a pinch when looking for a dress. Send me a pm if you have more RTR questions.

I’ll wait to closer to order. I was just wanting to get some inspiration ideas. The RTR store is provably 45mins to an hour away in traffic, I will consider going to the store if I have time, it’s usually a busy time at work. I’ve never looked at Nordstrom rack for fancy dresses. There’s one close to me. I’ll check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow, I had no idea RTR had an actual store in Woodland Hills!!! 15 minutes from me! That would have come in handy when I needed a dress for my reunion last night. Luckily one of my rental dresses worked out!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Wow, I had no idea RTR had an actual store in Woodland Hills!!! 15 minutes from me! That would have come in handy when I needed a dress for my reunion last night. Luckily one of my rental dresses worked out!

Which dress did you wear?
    The yelp reviews of the store say you need to make an appointment to try on dress you ordered(you have it shipped to the store) and I think you need another appointment if want one of the staff to help you find a dress. So need to arrange ahead of time.

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    Which dress did you wear?
    The yelp reviews of the store say you need to make an appointment to try on dress you ordered(you have it shipped to the store) and I think you need another appointment if want one of the staff to help you find a dress. So need to arrange ahead of time.

I ended up wearing the black dress with the cutouts and loved it!

Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    I ended up wearing the black dress with the cutouts and loved it!

You look great in that dress! Hope you had fun at the reunion

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4