Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default 2 week meal plan

So, I'm not great at meal planning, and this quarantine is making that more pronounced...ha ha.
    I usually have a well stocked pantry and freezer and a few ideas floating around in my head but I typically shop 2x a week.
    I'd like to make a 2 week meal plan and accompanying grocert list so that we can only shop 1x a week. We do eat a lot of fresh produce so I will have to cut back on that. Anyway, how do you plan for 2 weeks? What meals are in your rotation?
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

I'm trying to do different themes each day (American, Italian, Mexican, breakfast, Soup & sandwiches, etc.) to keep it simple, but honestly haven't followed it that much.
    This week it's been bbq chicken sandwiches, bratwurst, hamburgers (weather has been nicer), spaghetti and chicken parmesan, stew, chow mien, breakfast for dinner, potato soup, etc. We usually do some sort of tacos once every week to two weeks, and other things that the kids like a lot, and we can have for leftovers the next day.
    It is tricky to have enough produce for two weeks, though- we've been getting groceries once a week, and I need to train myself to buy at least double of what we usually buy.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It all depends on what we have in hand. Our meals for the past two weeks were -
    tacos, rice and beans
    grilled steaks / hotdogs with salad
    chicken fried steak with fixings
    grilled cheese and tomato soup
    roast with veggies
    Korean pork noodles
    curry rice it’s veggies
    pasta bolognese with salad
    asparagus pasta
    fish back to back nights prepared differently each night with rice and veggies

I have fewer cuts of meat in the freezer so it will be more repeats going forward. Lunch is generally sandwiches, quesadillas or smorgasbord. I will also do breakfast for lunch as DC and I love breakfast but DH doesn’t like it at alternate times so lunch is a good compromise. Breakfast is cereal, eggs, oatmeal, pancakes, waffles or a mix of the above.
    Last edited by jgenie; 04-03-2020 at 09:26 PM.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I just did this here is my rotation
    - Tacos
    - Chicken breast (cut up into chunks) with rice and in a marinade (teriyaki or something like that)
    - Hot dogs and hamburgers
    - pasta and meatballs
    - chicken thighs and roasted carrots and potatoes
    - frozen pizza night (not proud)
    - pancakes for dinner with bacon and fruit
    - back up is cheese and crackers and ham and appetizer sort of stuff (cut up apples etc)
    - we also have been know to (yesterday) do scrum night -- everyone makes what they want (yogurt, PB&J, frozen pizza whatever)

This is NOT our normal rotation but it is the next 2 weeks -- maybe longer. #covid #movingCrossCountry
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

This is what we’ve done the past two weeks

Week of 3/29
    - [ ] Fish, roasted cauliflower and broccoli, tiptoe rice
    - [ ] Veggie fried rice (snap peas, broccoli half, green onions, egg) and cucumber salad
    - [ ] Shrimp scampi and Salad
    - [ ] Black bean and cheese Quesadillas, Mexican Street corn, guacamole
    - [ ] Bruschetta (tomatoes, fresh mozzarella), salami
    - [ ] Orzo salad (spinach, tomatoes, olives, feta, balsamic vinegar), garlic shrimp

week of 3/23:
    - [ ] BBQ ranch taco salads
    - [ ] Tilapia, snap peas, French fries
    - [ ] Pasta with side salad
    - [ ] Cucumber avocado nori rolls and edamame
    - [ ] Cajun chicken, broccoli, mashed potatoes
    - [ ] Chicken tacos, guacamole, Pico de Gallo, salad,
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Mine is SO not goals. It is cheap and I have all these things and I can rotate these items 4 times without needing to get to the store!

Sundays: Frittata and Smoothie (this is a tradition from when we shop weekly but we have a lot of frozen stuff we can use and root veggies for flavor)
    Mondays: Breakfast
    Tuesdays: Bean Burritos
    Wednesday: Pasta of some sort
    Thursdays: We actually eat some kind of meat. Mostly chicken along with a grain and frozen veggie. Like I said, not goals.
    Fridays: Make pizzas
    Saturdays: Grilled cheese or quesadillas or mac and cheese (DH cooks on Saturdays and voila! His specialties!)

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Mine is SO not goals. It is cheap and I have all these things and I can rotate these items 4 times without needing to get to the store!

Sundays: Frittata and Smoothie (this is a tradition from when we shop weekly but we have a lot of frozen stuff we can use and root veggies for flavor)
    Mondays: Breakfast
    Tuesdays: Bean Burritos
    Wednesday: Pasta of some sort
    Thursdays: We actually eat some kind of meat. Mostly chicken along with a grain and frozen veggie. Like I said, not goals.
    Fridays: Make pizzas
    Saturdays: Grilled cheese or quesadillas or mac and cheese (DH cooks on Saturdays and voila! His specialties!)
    I'm impressed with how little meat you eat! My DH thinks he needs meat every night...sigh.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I could not survive without the Paprika app. I normally plan meals a week at a time, but when things started looking dicey last month, I planned out about 3&1/2 weeks of dinners. The app makes it to do easy because if I buy a lot of one thing, I can plan additional meals by searching for that item in other recipes we like. I also have a meat-eater husband but there are some meals I can get by, I usually do 1-2 meatless meals per week.

The last few dinners we've had were:
    Ranch chicken with onion garlic asparagus
    Split pea soup (with ham in it)
    Tri tip (the pre-marinated one from Costco) with mashed potatoes and steamed spinach
    Instant pot meaty macaroni
    We had a leftovers night
    Garlic lemon tilapia with rice and lemon broccoli
    Korean bulgogi beef (from Costco) with stir fry veggies

Last week DH went to the Mexican market and got a "taco party pack" that had preseasoned marinated carne asada, chicken, and al pastor. For days we had tacos, tostada's, nachos, quesadillas... Yum. DH and I both work full time, he's still working outside the home (I've been WFH for a week now) so I go for easy ingredients, we stock frozen chicken, ground beef, ground turkey, tilapia. I also buy a big salmon at Costco, use half and freeze there other half for a later dinner.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

We are not very adventurous.

Our meals include:
    baked chicken and mashed potatoes
    chicken roll-ups
    tacos
    enchiladas
    burgers and hot dogs
    lasagna
    homemade mac n cheese
    breakfast with French toast
    breakfast with pancakes
    spaghetti
    a crazy hot dog dinner from DH's youth
    homemade pizza
    steak and potatoes

We do a find your own dinner every now and then, too.
    Kris

melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This week we have had
    Sunday: Italian Mac and Cheese (Rachael Ray recipe) salad
    Monday: Hamburgers, potato chips, pickles
    Tuesday : BLTs, cucumbers, fruit salad
    Wednesday: Brats, fries, salad
    Thursday: Instant pot Cajun chicken and sausage pasta, asparagus, pineapple
    Friday : will be homemade potato skins, salad
    Saturday: will be breakfast, probably French toast or waffles with eggs and bacon

Last week we had tacos, spaghetti, and cilantro lime chicken thighs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast