Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've had my heart set on sweater boxes but the Container Store is 45 minutes + away and I never get down that way. Shipping is $8.xx for the 4 boxes I need. Finally went to Walmart and picked up the 15 qt Sterilite- so glad I did. They look fine and my shelves are finally organized the way I want them at half the cost. Thanks for the pic GvilleGirl!!

Now I want another expedit.....
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We use these from Land of Nod, in the 3.5" height, the 5" height, and the 10" height. I like them because three of the 3.5" fit in one cube, or a 5" and two 3.5" fit together, or a 10" and a 3.5". DD has so many little toys and pieces, like My Little Pony, Polly Pockets, Strawberry Shortcake, etc., that some of the smaller sizes work really well to keep those things under control. We have 5 of the colors, and I like how they look mixed together.

http://www.landofnod.com/kids-storag...llection/f5142
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

Quote Originally Posted by boolady View Post
    We use these from Land of Nod, in the 3.5" height, the 5" height, and the 10" height. I like them because three of the 3.5" fit in one cube, or a 5" and two 3.5" fit together, or a 10" and a 3.5". DD has so many little toys and pieces, like My Little Pony, Polly Pockets, Strawberry Shortcake, etc., that some of the smaller sizes work really well to keep those things under control. We have 5 of the colors, and I like how they look mixed together.

http://www.landofnod.com/kids-storag...llection/f5142
    Oh! Those look nice! Do you have a pic of them in the expedit??
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kristac View Post
    Oh! Those look nice! Do you have a pic of them in the expedit??
    I don't, but I can try and take one tonight.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

Minnifer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Does anyone know, is there any kind of lidded box out there that's like exactly half the size of the CS small sweater box (or like half of the Sterilite 15 qt)? So that 4 would fit and fill the cube, 2 stacked next to 2 stacked? I found a Sterilite 7 qt but looks like it's too wide for that to work.

Also, re the Sterilite 15 qts, aren't they too long (front to back)? I measure the Expedit space as 15.25" deep front to back, and from the Walmart site it looks like the Sterilite 15 qts are 16.38", so almost an inch deeper?

My Expedits were delivered and assembled yesterday, now I have to get some containers b/c if I don't get these toys organized I will definitely lose my mind
    Last edited by Minnifer; 01-23-2012 at 04:28 PM.
    Lucky single mama to DD 5/08 and DS 6/11

Quote Originally Posted by Minnifer View Post
    Does anyone know, is there any kind of lidded box out there that's like exactly half the size of the CS small sweater box (or like half of the Sterilite 15 qt)? So that 4 would fit and fill the cube, 2 stacked next to 2 stacked? I found a Sterilite 7 qt but looks like it's too wide for that to work.

Also, re the Sterilite 15 qts, aren't they too long (front to back)? I measure the Expedit space as 15.25" deep front to back, and from the Walmart site it looks like the Sterilite 15 qts are 16.38", so almost an inch deeper?

My Expedits were delivered and assembled yesterday, now I have to get some containers b/c if I don't get these toys organized I will definitely lose my mind
    Target no longer sells the Sterilite 15quart clear storage containers with the green latches as pictured in previous poster's picture (maybe walmart does). They now have ones with purple latches. I bought a couple today, but they stick out about 1-2 inches and there's some extra space on both sides of the cube. I wanted to maximize my storage space so I returned them and bought the Rubbermaid brand 15quart clear storage containers with the green handles and they fit perfectly in the expedit with hardly any extra room on both sides. The handle does stick out a little bit, but not as much as the Sterilite containers did. Here are the dimensions, 16.7 x 13.3 x 5.3 inches. You can easily stack 2 on top of each other. I didn't look for smaller containers that could fit 4 in each cube.
    Last edited by lchang25000; 01-23-2012 at 09:14 PM.
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

Quote Originally Posted by lchang25000 View Post
    Target no longer sells the Sterilite 15quart clear storage containers with the green latches as pictured in previous poster's picture (maybe walmart does). They now have ones with purple latches. I bought a couple today, but they stick out about 1-2 inches and there's some extra space on both sides of the cube. I wanted to maximize my storage space so I returned them and bought the Rubbermaid brand 15quart clear storage containers with the green handles and they fit perfectly in the expedit with hardly any extra room on both sides. The handle does stick out a little bit, but not as much as the Sterilite containers did. Here are the dimensions, 16.7 x 13.3 x 5.3 inches. You can easily stack 2 on top of each other. I didn't look for smaller containers that could fit 4 in each cube.
    The sterilite 15 quart I bought at walmart this week had blue handles and were $3.97 a piece. How much are the rubbermaids at Target? A pic would be great as well.
    Last edited by kristac; 01-23-2012 at 10:18 PM.

The sterilite 15 quart I bought at walmart this week had blue handles and were $3.xx a piece. How much are the rubbermaids at Target? A pic would be great as well.
    Wow! That's cheap! The one I bought at Target is $6.49. Does your expedit cube have extra room on both sides after the storage container is put in?
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

Minnifer is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The sterilite 15 quart I bought at walmart this week had blue handles and were $3.xx a piece.
    kristac, do yours look like these?
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-...of-10/15528562

Quote Originally Posted by lchang25000 View Post
    Thanks lchang! I can't find them online at Target but guessing they're similar to these? http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rubbermaid...-of-8/16539899
    Lucky single mama to DD 5/08 and DS 6/11

Quote Originally Posted by Minnifer View Post
    Yes those are the ones I bought. There is a small bit of space on each side like the pic that GvillGirl posted (but my handles are blue).
    Last edited by kristac; 01-23-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast