Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Our hands down favorite cloth/reuseable masks are the Athleta everyday pleated style. DD2 (11yr) wears the kid version. DD1 (14) and I wear the adult version. I machine wash and line dry them. They are adjustable and have the nose wire.
    I mentioned it in the other thread: this is what DS (11.5 yrs) wears. Some of the older ones that I bought back in November are still starting to lose their shape and the nose wires feel like they might be headed toward the end of their useful life. I bought three more packs when Athleta put them on clearance in June and July.

I will probably try to find the disposable masks Bisous mentions above, and I'll check Walgreens for a box of the "small adult" surgical masks I saw a couple of months ago. I can't I'm going to spend a lot of effort chasing masks again. I don't know how much money I spent last year trying to find masks that fit DS' face.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    We use these. We store them in numbered paper bags after use to use again the following week.
    Oh good to know! We have about 12 left of these...we'll try to extend their use!

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    We use these. We store them in numbered paper bags after use to use again the following week.
    Agree, good to know! I hope this really does kill everything.

Bisous, dd says there is no smell. I have used the adult size and also don't get a smell, so not sure what to say...

I also read that these are adjustable. Does anyone know how? I am missing something basic. The kid size fits dd perfectly, but the adult is big on me (and the kids is way too small).
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Agree, good to know! I hope this really does kill everything.

Bisous, dd says there is no smell. I have used the adult size and also don't get a smell, so not sure what to say...

I also read that these are adjustable. Does anyone know how? I am missing something basic. The kid size fits dd perfectly, but the adult is big on me (and the kids is way too small).
    This something I'm noticing with lots of mask varieties. I was just searching and some on Amazon will be really highly rated but there will be a recent comment about the smell... Not sure if it is just low quality manufacturing trying to crank out sales?

Thank you for starting this thread! I've been sewing double layer masks for our family since the pandemic began, but it's time for new ones and I just don't have time or energy to sew up a new batch. I'm kicking myself for not stocking up when all masks went on clearance earlier this summer, when mask mandates were dropped!
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Masks for kids, again... Post your new finds!

Myself and DD2 like Save the N95 masks from Etsy. I just ordered a few more for DD2, and another for myself. I ordered an Adult xsmall for DD2 (11, and 5’ ft. tall, appx. 85lbs), and an adult medium for myself. I remember when I first ordered wishing I got a large, but it eventually stretched out quickly and a medium worked fine. Dd1 has a medium as well and said a small would’ve fit better (I ordered a small but they sent a medium but I wasn’t goi g to through the hassle of returning). Dd1 is 5’5” and about 120lbs.

Dh likes Rothys masks and I have used them as well but DH ended taking all of them. They do run small for an adult male but dh was able to stretch them a bit.

Dd1 likes Baggu masks. I thought they were okay but preferred the Save the N95 masks.

All of our cloth masks are washed in the washing machine on warm except the Rothys ones those are washed on cold and then are hang dried.

We also have a box of disposable masks from Amazon that I bought last year when there was still a mask shortage and these got great reviews. They are $5.49 for 25….I think I paid $8 or so a box for them….I bought 2 boxes to keep in our cars for emergencies where someone forgot to bring a mask. I plan on sending these to sleepaway camp with DD2 next week.

4.5 out of 5 stars 13,804 Reviews
    CandyCare Disposable Face Masks, Pack of 25 - Dust Particle 3-Layer Design with Earloop Protective Cover (just copy this description to the search bar) .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 08-02-2021 at 04:33 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

These are the disposable masks that DD2 likes

Just Play Children’s Single Use Face Mask, 24 Count, Ages 8 and up, Multi-Color https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BHBK71C...H2808BR5Q7PWXB

Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    We also have a box of disposable masks from Amazon that I bought last year when there was still a mask shortage and these got great reviews. They are $5.49 for 25….I think I paid $8 or so a box for them….I bought 2 boxes to keep in our cars for emergencies where someone forgot to bring a mask. I plan on sending these to sleepaway camp with DD2 next week.

4.5 out of 5 stars 13,804 Reviews
    CandyCare Disposable Face Masks, Pack of 25 - Dust Particle 3-Layer Design with Earloop Protective Cover (just copy this description to the search bar) .

Thanks, Annie. That price was right, so I just ordered a box to try.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    We have used Bluna for kids a couple of times. They fit very well and are very breathable. I think they were recommended here? The only problem is they are $3/mask. If we put them in a paper bag for a week, I wonder if we can re-use?

https://behealthyusa.net/products/fa...36887270326436
    cheaper on Amazon
    https://www.amazon.com/20Packs-KIDS-...8X47VFH7&psc=1

I just ordered these for my younger kids. I got a ton of surgical ones on discount at walmart for kids right before delta went insane. Boxes of 25 for $1 That is what my youngers were wearing in the few times we would go out. Walmart also gave me 45 free cloth ones every grocery pickup. Plus right before I bought some super cheap cloth ones there to try and double mask. They were 25 cents each.

Dh and I and our older kids wear the Kn95s from here
    https://bonafidemasks.com/face-masks...eatured&page=2

Although I like surgical for breathe breathing better.
    Last edited by frugalmom; 08-02-2021 at 05:28 PM.

NCGrandma is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Masks for kids, again... Post your new finds!

Wirecutter fans have probably noticed that they have had several relevant reviews lately.

For adults and big kids who want disposables, this may help wade through the maze of "they all look alike" options:
    https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/r...-masks-online/

And here are their picks for younger kids:
    https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/r...ds-face-masks/

My 10 y.o. DGD2 is still small for her age, and has a variety of risk factors so it has been important to find masks that fit her and that she can wear them comfortably all the time. Happy Masks have worked well, although they’re pricey (but cute!). DGD1, now 17 y.o. (What??!!), has found Happy Masks work well for sports, but she often wears disposables at other times.

ETA: I think there are already some shortages and delays, especially with popular/recommended styles. I just ordered some KN95s from Bona Fide masks, and they recommended the rather pricey UPS shipping instead of the free USPS because there have apparently been long delays with USPS. I still have enough that I can wait.

I also ordered some recommended surgical style masks from Amazon ... and the estimated delivery date was September 15-30!! But a day later, that was modified to August 3-11 !!! So who knows?

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by NCGrandma; 08-02-2021 at 05:34 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast