Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Did you have someone take pictures/VDO while you were in labor?

If yes, who? Is it against the hospital policy?

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My CNM, doula, dh, nurse- they all took pictures at some point. No problem at either the hospital where ds1 was born or birthing center where ds2 was born.

Beth

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

At my hospital, there are no restrictions in the birthing rooms, but some restrictions in the surgical area, if for some reason you need a c-section.

There were no restrictions while I was in labor.

When I was moved to the OR (emergency c-section), DH was allowed to take photos of DS being born as long as he didn't lean over the drape between my head and the surgical field. He was also allowed to take photos of DS as he was being cleaned/assessed. One of the nurses then offered to take photos of DH, DS, and me while we were still in the OR.
    ~ Becca

DS: 11/09
    DC: Arriving 12/11

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

There were restrictions at my hospital, but that may be because I had c-sections so it was the OR. My SIL, who is a professional photographer, took the day off work to photograph the birth of DS3 and when we got to the hospital, they said she couldn't come in. I was SO bummed, but as she was leaving, one of the nurses ran and caught her and made an exception and said she could stay. We got some absolutely amazing pictures of his birth and our first moments together for which I will always be grateful.
    Kristen
    mama to 3 wild and crazy boys - ages 16, 13 and 11

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

There were no restrictions, save for my restrictions. For me, some things just are not Kodak moments. I would not have been happy with pictures being taken of me while I was in labor. After the birth- shots of me, baby and new family? Great. During labor? Not my thing.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Our doula with DS1 was also a photographer. I didn't end up needing to rely up on her heavily as a doula but she got some awesome photos that I love. She was very non intrusive. Hospital policy at the time did not prohibit photos.

With DD things happened so fast I don't think I have any photos of labor and delivery. Just photos of her afterward. That was at a freestanding birth center, no ban on photography.

With DS2, I have a few photos of me in labor. I wish we had gotten a few more as DH was busy filling my labor tub, etc. His actual *birth* happened so fast, no pics of that, but again, lots of pics afterward. Homebirth, so obviously no problem w/ photos there either. (eta: and in the tub, my belly covers mostly everything and I had a bikini top on, so the pics are not really revealing at all. You just see bikini top, belly, and then legs, kwim?)
    Last edited by brittone2; 06-03-2010 at 12:24 PM.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My hospital had restrictions during delivery (no matter where it was). No pics could be taken of any hospital employee handling the baby. Labor pics could be taken. First bath etc... pics could be taken, but none during delivery. I told DH that if he took video he would not be going home. I wanted NO video taken whatsoever while in the hospital.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

ebjw is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Our hospital's policy was no cameras/videos until baby was out. I wouldn't have wanted that documented anyways!

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kijip View Post
    There were no restrictions, save for my restrictions. For me, some things just are not Kodak moments. I would not have been happy with pictures being taken of me while I was in labor. After the birth- shots of me, baby and new family? Great. During labor? Not my thing.
    Precisely.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast