Default Slipper/ indoor shoes rec's (daycare required!)

My 19-month old DD's daycare requires them to wear "closed-back" indoor shoes or slippers (no Crocs). She is currently in her her 18-24 months size soft-sole Robeez, but the elastics are already pinching her at the ankles. Robeez makes a limited selection of soft-sole shoes in larger sizes, but I can't find them in stores, and I'm pretty sure they won't fit her well for now. (We went through this awkward stage when she outgrew her 12-18 month Robeez' elastics, but the next size up was too big.) All the "slippers" I've seen are made of fleece and are too warm for the summer. Any ideas? She has big chubby feet and high instep. And I want something light and breathable (i.e. leather). Oh yeah, and I don't want to spend a fortune (ideally under $20). I was thinking Bobux, but they seem expensive, and more size-specific.

If you like Bobux, the target Ministar line is their cheaper version. I don't think they go bigger than 18-24 size though. However I found Bobux/Ministar to be a better fit on my DS's chubby/high instep feet --- robeez also pinched his ankles. Shoo shoos (online) are another similar style brand at a lower price point.

When DS was that age i also really liked the See Kai Run smaller line. They're a bit more structured than robeez but still have the leather soft soles. The SKR site often has big discounts on them.

What about Hanna Mocs?
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ecdyses View Post
    If you like Bobux, the target Ministar line is their cheaper version. I don't think they go bigger than 18-24 size though. However I found Bobux/Ministar to be a better fit on my DS's chubby/high instep feet --- robeez also pinched his ankles. Shoo shoos (online) are another similar style brand at a lower price point.

When DS was that age i also really liked the See Kai Run smaller line. They're a bit more structured than robeez but still have the leather soft soles. The SKR site often has big discounts on them.
    All excellent advice! Try pedipeds too.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

The OP posted in 2009!

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreTheFocus View Post
    The OP posted in 2009!
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.