Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm on my phone so it's hard to link...but Google "first period 100 pounds " and a bunch of stuff will come up.

Sorry I'm not more helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    I'll let you know. DD1 is 12, got buds maybe 1.5-2 years ago, she's 5'4" and 110lbs, no period yet. Probably happening any minute now though.

We got DD1 the cami-type bras about a 1.5 years ago. She still wears those although she could probably move onto more formed ones.
    Thank you all! Twoboos, I had searched the boards and you posted about 2 years ago to say your DD had just developed buds at 9.75 - I was hoping you'd reply since that's just about my DDs age. They all grow differently but this is good to know.

Re weight: I got my period at 11.5 and I was definitely under 100 lbs - I don't think I crossed 100 lbs till 18! But my mom and sister did at that same age, so there's a clear genetic component. DHs family may have a different timeline, though...

for Sandy Hook

urquie is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    We got DD1 the cami-type bras about a 1.5 years ago. She still wears those although she could probably move onto more formed ones.

Do you recall the brand?

Quote Originally Posted by erosenst View Post
    DD also found a video on YouTube - guessing it was created by a company, but was very factual and she liked it.
    Any chance you can find out what video it was? This sounds like it would be very helpful to DD.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Thank you all! Twoboos, I had searched the boards and you posted about 2 years ago to say your DD had just developed buds at 9.75 - I was hoping you'd reply since that's just about my DDs age. They all grow differently but this is good to know.

Re weight: I got my period at 11.5 and I was definitely under 100 lbs - I don't think I crossed 100 lbs till 18! But my mom and sister did at that same age, so there's a clear genetic component. DHs family may have a different timeline, though...
    Apparently I could have checked here to see when she got buds LOL!!

I got my period on the morning of my 12th birthday (what a gift) so I am expecting her to get it any time now.

Urquie she first got the cami bras from Nordstrom, I think the Tucker & Tate brand. (MIL bought them for her - shouldn't that have been me?? ) Now I just get them wherever, like TJMaxx or Target.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    It was about 2 years for older DD as well.

She started wearing a bra about a year before that, more for the headlights issue that she found super embarrassing.
    Same for my DD

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My DD got breast buds in 5th grade (age 10), pubic hair in 7th and just started her period (8th grade age 13)
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD got buds at about 7.5, period right after her 11th birthday. The thing that will really let you know that her period is coming is the discharge will increase.

I found that they needed a bra earlier to deal with the pointy buds more than anything, we wore a lot of patterned tops in those days!

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Katigre View Post
    Nearly 3 years from buds in 4th grade to period in 7th grade.
    My girls aren't old enough to know for them, but I remember getting a "training bra" in 4th due to budding, and then getting my period in 7th.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Thanks klwa, for restarting this thread! I had a question for moms about crop tops or pre-training bras and where you get them. DD1 is totally built like a little kid still, but she *loves* wearing the Hanna camis I got her. I think it's more psychological than actually needed but it makes her feel grown up.

She is asking for camis that look like bras (lol) so I am thinking something like these Boden crop tops (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/girls-...orty-crop-tops) but less expensive!

for Sandy Hook

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Thanks klwa, for restarting this thread! I had a question for moms about crop tops or pre-training bras and where you get them. DD1 is totally built like a little kid still, but she *loves* wearing the Hanna camis I got her. I think it's more psychological than actually needed but it makes her feel grown up.

She is asking for camis that look like bras (lol) so I am thinking something like these Boden crop tops (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/girls-...orty-crop-tops) but less expensive!
    Dd1 really likes these from H&M, and they are super cheap! http://m.hm.com/us/product/00141?article=00141-A They have a couple other styles as well.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast