Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    Oh it's pointless here too! It's just the only thing I can do until it's my turn. I can't wait in a giant physical line of cars for hours hoping for anything extra for days on end when I need to work/be home for the kids to do school.
    I know a couple of people who’ve gotten on a list at their local Walmart pharmacy. They’ll call you toward the end of the Day if they’ve had any cancellations.. It’s worked for both of them.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm in ILLNOIS, a SLP and work in a nursing home. We didn't get our first dose until Jan. 5th, quite a few weeks after the hospitals around here got theirs (and many were people who never ever see patients/don't go into the hospital), but we had to wait on CVS to get their act together. Everybody who works in our nursing home (office staff/dietary/housekeeping etc) was offered the vaccine. It was not mandatory (although a residents family demanded they force all staff to have the vaccine).

A friend who is 40, she works in multiple gas stations stocking/changing merchandise) she also has Sarcoidosis/autoimmune disorder and was briefly hospitalized in Dec (not COVID) and therefore qualifies for group 1B, which is who can sign up now (teachers were also part of t this group).

My inlaws in their 80's have been eligible, however my idiot BIL couldn't figure out how to sign them up, so I got them an app't, but honestly all the sign ups are online and many elderly just don't have the tech skills and are missing out. The entire country needs to do better by our older population, they need to have a way for them to sign up (one radio caller said go to the library they have computers, of course, most people who don't have a home computer probably don't have the skills to create login info etc).

If your area says you are eligible, get it!

If you know any older people who don't have the ability to sign up, offer to help them.

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I will be eligible on the 15th due to BMI over 25. I was in shock when I read it - I am an otherwise healthy adult who works from home. I am so excited!

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't officially qualify yet, but I know of people in my office who have taken advantage of the fact that "Transportation Employees" are in the current group, even though they're supposed to then ask if you are required to work face to face in the office. We aren't required to do that, which means, we aren't supposed to be in this group. (Yes, I've checked.) I won't be eligible until group 5.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Here, teachers, therapists (even those who do zoom appts from home), hospital workers of all sorts (even legal department).

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

There are certainly a lot of oddities about who qualifies and it differs so much across states. I qualified 2 ways. I qualified as a therapist My daughter and I actually qualified based on a diagnosis she has and we were sent a link to sign up because of this. I dont want to get into specifics on here. I was not sure if I should sign up as I knew there are people who need it more than we do. Also, we are still being extremely careful as my 15 year old has asthma and other risk factors and I am in the category of people who are not willing to risk long hauler symptoms, including for a teen ager. However, I decided to sign up as I was told shots in arms are important and someone who needs it more than us won't necessarily get the vaccine if we don't. Dd and I are both vaccinated now.

I know this is a sensitive issue for so many people in so many ways. I know there are people who are "skipping the line", but there are also people who qualify in ways that may not be apparent by looking at them and in ways they may not want to share. Dd and I have to be careful about who we tell that she has received the vaccine as she does not want everyone to know the reason she qualified.
    Last edited by JustMe; 03-08-2021 at 12:49 PM.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

BMI over 30 in NJ - for myself and DS1

For CA folks that don't qualify under the current requirements, this site rolled out over the weekend, pick a 4 hr volunteer slot in exchange for (possibly, at the site's discretion) getting the vaccine. No slots open in my area yet, but I registered and am keeping an eye on it.

https://myturn.ca.gov/
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by echoesofspring View Post
    For CA folks that don't qualify under the current requirements, this site rolled out over the weekend, pick a 4 hr volunteer slot in exchange for (possibly, at the site's discretion) getting the vaccine. No slots open in my area yet, but I registered and am keeping an eye on it.

https://myturn.ca.gov/
    I saw that last night and filled it out. There aren't any slots near me either, but I love the idea.

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Our STATE opened up to the next tier (ie, under 65 if you have any of a long list of comorbidities), but my COUNTY was like, "nope, hold on, we need to continue with the only initial tier until we reach X% of that tier vaccinated - we'll let you know when that is complete".

I believe I meet one of the comorbidities but am not positive. I got an email from my cardiologist and was hopeful they'd have a clinic for their patients. But no, it was just telling us to go get it when we qualified from wherever we could. None of my family meets any employment reason. I personally don't know anyone who has been able to snag any extra dose at the end of a day or whatever, I'm sure people have, I just don't hear about that in this area at all. The only people I know who've gotten it are over 65 or work in education or in medicine / long-term care.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast