Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Wegman’s!

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Used to live close to a Wegman’s and loved it. Now we do not have one but I still have some Wegman’s reusable bags and people stop me all the time to ask where the Wegman’s is here (not even in our state).

For me Wegman’s was a combo of regular grocery store, Whole Foods and Costco in one. They had all the normal stuff but also a huge organic section with make up and skin care like WF. Also a bulk section for staples you would find at Costco. And there was a great kitchen wares section that I could wander in for a long time and I got many great clearance deals there.

Besides what’s already been mentioned, We loved their store brand fresh ravioli and tortellini. The on site restaurant was great. All the prepared food was great too. We had lunch there all the time bc everyone could get what they wanted. I used their catering a few times which was good too. Our store didn’t have it but I know some locations have babysitting like IKEA which I would have loved many years ago.

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I practically grew up in Wegmans, so when the new store opens up 2.5 hours from me, I will be first in line to take in its gloriousness. I soooo miss their produce department and Italian bread. It’s been so long since we’ve shopped daily there but I remember stocking up on their organic-department dressings for salads and marinades.

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    You are all enticing me! We’re supposed to get a Wegman’s here, which will be the second or third in the state, “real soon now.” Original schedule would have had it open by now but the latest forecast I saw said summer 2020...

Whenever it opens, it will be less than 5 minutes away!!
    Ours is 15 minutes away and I happily drive past Safeway and Giant to get to it.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

lil_acorn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    prewashed and chopped escarole!

I know that's totally a weird thing, but I LOVE escarole but dislike washing and chopping it, love those bags to make escarole soup or pasta sauce. I've never seen it anywhere else.

I also like to wander around their cheese department, and their fish counter sometimes has some interesting things.
    Similar to you -- shaved brussel sprouts. Get a thick slab of pancetta and you're good to go
    Their cheeses are also very good and much better priced than other stores. Same for wine section!
    And their muffins are also delicious!

LBW is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My favorite thing about Wegmans may be the app. I add everything I need to the app each week, and then I send my husband to the store.
    Tara
    living a crazy life with 3 boys

I am thinking now
    of grief, and of getting past it;
    I feel my boots
    trying to leave the ground,
    I feel my heart
    pumping hard. I want
    to think again of dangerous and noble things.
    I want to be light and frolicsome.
    I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
    as though I had wings.

~Mary Oliver

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wegmans is our grocery store of choice, despite being further away from our home, because the staff is always friendly and the store is always clean.

Store-brand stock up stuff:

* paper towels (especially if there's a coupon; the app stores your shopper's club card & you can check the digital coupons)
    * facial tissues (again, especially if there's a coupon)
    * toilet paper (comparable in quality to basic 1-ply Scott Tissue; better priced unless Scott's on sale elsewhere)
    * paper napkins (we haven't swapped over to cloth for everyday)
    * juice boxes family pack
    * clover honey family pack (80oz square bottle; for about $0.80 more than the 40oz bottle, it refills the 40oz twice)
    * bottled water (for DH)

I like the WholeSum bars (IMO these are equivalent to KIND brand; I like the dark chocolate, cherry & cashew (dark pink packaging) and dark chocolate, nuts & sea salt (blue packaging) varieties best) and occasionally enjoy the Dark Chocolate w/Sea Salt Toffee chocolate bar (the toffee & sea salt make a difference to what's a little waxier chocolate than many other brands.)

Favorite things right now are their flavored sparkling water (recommend ginger, mango, Mandarin orange, and watermelon in cans ... and Pineapple-Orange in the 1-liter bottle), cereal (DD loves their chocolaty rice crisps and marshmallow treasures - a/k/a store brand versions of Cocoa Krispies and Lucky Charms), and Holiday in Italy semisoft cheese (from cheese counter.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LBW View Post
    My favorite thing about Wegmans may be the app. I add everything I need to the app each week, and then I send my husband to the store.
    Our Wegmans had a LOOONG renovation starting in 2015 or '16 and the app made it so easy to shop - it updated locations for everything while the store was in flux, and made it so much more pleasant to go.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

LBW is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Our Wegmans had a LOOONG renovation starting in 2015 or '16 and the app made it so easy to shop - it updated locations for everything while the store was in flux, and made it so much more pleasant to go.
    My husband is one of those people who can never find anything, but the app is so user friendly that he actually manages to buy most of the items on my list every week.

In addition to the items many PPs listed, I also love the hummus (I get the family size) and frozen riced cauliflower.

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Dumb question: does Wegman's have both house brands and national brands? When Aldi's came to our area, I never tried it because the location was super-inconvenient, but my impression is that they only have house brands. In my limited experience at Trader Joe's, they have both, although for some categories, it’s mostly house brands. (If TJ's parking wasn’t a nightmare, I would go back!)

I have nothing against house brands on principle but there are certain products (e.g., some organic cereals, cleaning products, paper products) that I like well enough that I don’t want to go through the process of seeing how each house brand item compares.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    Dumb question: does Wegman's have both house brands and national brands? When Aldi's came to our area, I never tried it because the location was super-inconvenient, but my impression is that they only have house brands. In my limited experience at Trader Joe's, they have both, although for some categories, it’s mostly house brands. (If TJ's parking wasn’t a nightmare, I would go back!)

I have nothing against house brands on principle but there are certain products (e.g., some organic cereals, cleaning products, paper products) that I like well enough that I don’t want to go through the process of seeing how each house brand item compares.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    Yes, they have many national brands plus their house brands. Although there are many things I prefer their house brand! I grew up with Wegmans, then we moved to several places without one and are now back in a town with one again, thank goodness!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast