Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I'm not driving anyone extra in our car yet.
    same here

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I would probably do this, but I have had some of dc's friends in my car a few times this year. I would keep masks on and windows open, I think it would be pretty safe. But I also don't think it would be wrong to say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    No, I would not.

However, I would be willing to stay late with the scout until the parent could get there, if it was a reasonable amount of time.
    I would not be comfortable driving someone else in my car, so this is what I would suggest too.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Our school has been hit *hard* by the UK variant in the last week. School just went virtual to try and slow things down.
    What state are you in? I'm waiting for the variant to hit hard here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    No, I would not.

However, I would be willing to stay late with the scout until the parent could get there, if it was a reasonable amount of time.
    Great suggestion! I would not be comfortable with someone unvaccinated in my car from another family. We aren't doing any of that stuff yet.

I'd probably do it one time with masks and windows open. I did drive DD's friend home from the gym last fall when her mom and dad got their signals crossed and neither came for pick up. Otherwise, we aren't carpooling but I hate not helping out. Plus, if your DD is already at a masked meeting with her, it isn't terribly different.

Our school has been hit *hard* by the UK variant in the last week. School just went virtual to try and slow things down.
    This statement terrifies me. Was this after spring break? I'm secretly wishing my kids' school would go remote for two weeks since we are on break right now.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post

This statement terrifies me. Was this after spring break? I'm secretly wishing my kids' school would go remote for two weeks since we are on break right now.
    It terrifies me as well. We had spring break two weeks ago and this week are seeing a sudden uptick in cases in our county. I’m not kidding when I say at least 50% of our school district went to Florida. I haven’t heard of too many kids getting it yet, but I have no idea as our health department’s website doesn’t break it down by ages. My kids aren’t in school but are playing soccer, and I told DS1 to keep his mask on until they are playing because they congregate before practice. It’s outside but I’m thinking maybe being outside doesn’t matter as much with the new variant? We’re so close to shots getting approved for his age group that I’d just hate to see him get sick now.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    Our school district doesn't get a spring break- just a long weekend for Easter. School, sports, activities seem to be the sources.

We aren’t sharing any indoor space with anyone except for essential shopping which I am the representative for. I haven’t had anyone in my car or been in anyone else’s car since last March. That being said, a girl in DDs cohort lives 1 block away and I’ve been tempted to try carpooling with them. We are both driving to and from school each day (which is ~7 miles each way) from essentially the exact same spot. If it ever came to fruition I would have them sit as far apart as possible and leave the windows down.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Where are you located?

We haven’t done any shared car rides since the pandemic started and I’m not sure when we will be comfortable doing them again.

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

hard no
    parents need to just not send their kiddos if they can't pick them up or have someone in their carpool bubble pick them up
    these are discretionary activities
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast