firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Dining questions

We are close to leaving for our trip - yay! We got the dining plan so we get one snack, one counter service and one table service per day. Can you refresh my memory what other meal $ we will need? I can't remember if we need to plan for tips at the table service meal or not. Also, what are the best uses for the snack credit? TIA!

klwa is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by firstbaby View Post
    We are close to leaving for our trip - yay! We got the dining plan so we get one snack, one counter service and one table service per day. Can you refresh my memory what other meal $ we will need? I can't remember if we need to plan for tips at the table service meal or not. Also, what are the best uses for the snack credit? TIA!
    You do have to pay the tip on the current plan. At one point it was included, but they got rid of that option about 8 years ago.

Snacks... I've always just used them to fill in the gaps. Gotten breakfast items, etc. But I know there are some who know the rules as to what's the best for your money.

http://disney.urbantastebud.com/best...y-dining-plan/ Maybe this can help?
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We went in July and had this same plan. It was the first time we used a dining plan and it worked out well. You do have to tip. We were able to use our snack credits for breakfast most days. Because we had a drink for meals at the resort we did not need a breakfast drink for our quick service meal and you can sub a snack so we got packaged snacks to eat later. We were there for 3 nights and did not buy any additional food. This is a link to a blog that our travel agent has posted with great info on the snack credits. She also has some other good insight about dining. For the record, I have no connection to her other than she was our agent for this trip. Hope this helps. Have a great trip!
    http://www.pirateandpixiedustdestina...snack-credits/
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

Don't forget to take your reusable mugs with you wherever you go so you can fill them for free frequently. You can fill them at resort quick service restaurants. I prefer the quick services at the resorts to the quick services at the parks, so if you're planning to do a quick service for a meal, i suggest doing it either at dinner (when you're back at your resort) or using the monorail or boat launch to hop over to a quick service for lunch on a park day. let me know if you want specific recommendations!

we have used snack credits for breakfast before, so i would go that way, if it were me. Have a great trip!
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

Pear is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My biggest tip is that the dining plan is surprisingly flexible. Drinks, snacks, and desserts are basically interchangeable. We often built Dd's meals out of snacks because that was her preference. Fruit cup, hummus, that sort of thing. That left us free to buy some extra qs meals with the plan.