Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Twin stroller for infants and a 2 y.o.

I've been looking at strollers til I'm bleery eyed and can't figure out which would work best for us. I have 13 week old twins and a 2.5 year old. Ideally I'd like to get a stroller that has a board accessory that our toddler can ride on but so far the only stroller I've seen that I can use with twins and a board is the BJCS and the reviews haven't been that great. Any suggestions from folks with twins? I really like the look of the Bob strollers but you can only have one seat with an infant carrier and it doesn't look like they have glider boards. I'm thinking we might just forgo the glider board and have a single for our twin. The infant seats aren't going to be around forever either so not being able to put them in a stroller isn't a deal breaker. Decisions, decisions...

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

What about a joovy caboose triple (space for 2 infant seats and a seat on the back for the toddler?
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I dunno about double strollers with a buggy board...but could you get the double stroller of your choice, pack a carrier in the basket and when your 2.5 yo gets too tired to walk (or when you need him to be restrained), wear a baby in the carrier and let the toddler ride with the other baby?

Quote Originally Posted by HIU8 View Post
    What about a joovy caboose triple (space for 2 infant seats and a seat on the back for the toddler?
    This thing steers like a winebego.

I'd go with the infant carrier and a double of your choice. Ideally side by side. (I went through a bunch of strollers with my twins and ended with a bob dualie as my only double in the end. Had I to do it over I'd have gotten a baby jogger city mini and the bob - but instead I tried a variety of tandems off CL and in the end concluded tandems stink)

I managed to not use a double much at all until they were 2+ by pushing one and wearing one. I now have a 2 1/2mo and 3yo twins and I will wear and push 2, if needed - but ideally I will go out for exercise ALONE, or have DH push a single while I push a double, or vice versa... Personally I say do all you can to make the smallest stroller you can work. (so a single for twins, a double for 3...)

What about the valco twin trimode with a Toddler seat on the front? Then all 3 kids are safely contained. We really like ours. It fits thru standard doorways and is pretty easy to steer, especially considering that it's a triple stroller.

Surprised you've read negative reviews on the BJCS. I've read good things and it's what I plan to buy for my twins when they arrive.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Deleted
    Last edited by arivecchi; 07-20-2011 at 11:10 PM.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We had the double Valco with the toddler seat.

Quote Originally Posted by flygirl555 View Post
    Surprised you've read negative reviews on the BJCS. I've read good things and it's what I plan to buy for my twins when they arrive.
    The BJCS has a terrible push. It is really long and once you put weight into it, it is like maneuvering a trolly.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Default Big Caboose

I have a 3 yr old and 6 month old twins and I have a Joovy Big Caboose. It is pretty large and somewhat of a beast to push around, but I love it. It contains all 3 kids and my oldest LOVES to "get on board." Prior to that, he didn't like to ride in the stroller anymore and it was a battle to get him to do so. Now, he loves to ride. It's a little tight for him to turn around and sit when the infant carriers are in, but it works for us, and now that the twins are older we use the infant carriers less and less in the stroller. I find with 3 kids that age, containment is very important, especially if I'm out alone with them.
    I almost bought a Buggy Board Maxi on zulily (it was a great price) and then I looked at the Buggy Board website to see if it was compatible with my double snap-n-go and the double side-by-side I have my eye one. It wasn't suggested for either. So, I would say that if you are considering a riderboard, check to see if whatever company you're buying from has a compatibility chart. I'm glad I checked.
    Good luck!
    Rhonda

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast