Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I always say the only way my house will be 100% organized is if we literally move out then move back in.
    SAHM to:

Quote Originally Posted by Edensmum View Post
    I'm drowning in my home presently. I just feel overwhelmed. I have a one year old who is a total and all consuming presence at the moment. I want to make more of the house baby proofed, but what do I do with him while I do it? I want to purge and reorganize and clean thoroughly, but frankly I'm lucky to pee alone once a day right now, so that's mostly fantasy. It's frustrating. I just need a little time but the days keep passing and we are in triage mode always.
    The downstairs is reasonably clean (except for the dog/cat hair that, despite vacuuming at least 2-3 times a week still takes over) but upstairs....yeah, it's an absolute pit and I just don't even know where to start. The master bedroom is embarassing; there's no other word for it, but since we're the only ones to see it, it always takes last place.

Heaven help us if we have a medical emergency because I would be so incredibly mortified.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

Quote Originally Posted by Indianamom2 View Post

Heaven help us if we have a medical emergency because I would be so incredibly mortified.
    I have a friend who is a paramedic, and a brother who is a cop. From the sounds of it, people's houses in general are way worse than you might imagine. And there's way more hoarders out there than you'd think. So odds are whoever had to come to your house wouldn't be phased.

BeachBum is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Well this was just the motivation I needed to GET OFF THE COMPUTER! HA. I've got work to do

I'm so glad you started this thread, and that so many others have responded! We are eternally drowning in clutter (and worse). I feel like we can't have anyone over, and if a neighbor drops by I talk to them in the doorway (which I feel terrible about). My husband thinks I'm over-reacting.

I always get the impression that the posters here have these picture perfect Pottery Barn houses--thrilled to know that's not necessarily the case!

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreTheFocus View Post

I always get the impression that the posters here have these picture perfect Pottery Barn houses--thrilled to know that's not necessarily the case!
    Hell no. The barn part sounds about right, but there's no pottery. The kids would break it.

marie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by RunnerDuck View Post
    Hell no. The barn part sounds about right, but there's no pottery. The kids would break it.

another shameful house here. . .
    marie
    mama to
    DD1 9/03
    DD2 12/07

Quote Originally Posted by RunnerDuck View Post
    This is awesome! Total LOL.

You know when I think of having another baby (I have just one, DD), one of the topmost reasons why I don't want to is how I just could not cope with housework or for that matter anything that did not involve DD. I was not working and inspite of that all I could do was the absolute minimum. Add to it a totally uncooperative DH, it was the pits. I don't know how I lived in the mess I did.

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

OMG, I am so in the club too.
    I have purged and purged and purged, but there is still clutter everywhere I look. Toy's are everywhere and DS recently started getting toys with little pieces, so ...I haven't had friends over in a LONG time, because it's just too bad. Oh, did I mention DS is a "dumper." Yeah, and we have a dog--he's not small and our yard is constantly muddy. I have a roomba, but I can't run it, because the dog will attack it. Seriously. Glad to know there are others. Maybe someday when I have a bigger house with SOME storage things will be better. Right now the living room is also the playroom/dining room, etc.
    L, mommy to my one and only, super-sweet boy, G 6/08

I'm pro-big bird, and I vote.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast