Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have had way better luck with Whole Foods than InstaCart. I fill my cart then randomly refresh while I’m getting stuff done and seem to be able to get slots. They are out of some things I need but it’s been great for small random items. I’m still waiting to receive an InstaCart order. My first Oder was delayed over and over until it was finally cancelled. I have another one scheduled for Friday but I’ll believe it when I see it. I also have a PeaPod order I had originally thought was scheduled for last Friday but didn’t realize it was actually for this Friday. We’ve had to get creative with lunches when we were out of bread, milk and yogurt but it’s been fine so far.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    Like many of my retirement community neighbors, I am staying home and avoiding stores. I have actually had surprisingly good luck with WF/Amazon delivery (no Amazon Fresh here). Whenever I try to place an order, it first says no slots available today or tomorrow, but I stay logged in and refresh the page every few minutes. This usually results in a slot being offered fairly soon. This past Saturday noon, I was offered a slot within 15 minutes of starting the ordering process ... and the slot was for an hour later!! Pretty shocking, but a friend had a similar experience yesterday. For both of us, almost everything we ordered was in stock.

I know that for many of you, sitting at the computer hitting refresh for 15 or 20 minutes is totally unrealistic, but if you can do it, you may have luck too!

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    This happened to me too, surprisingly on Saturday. Instacart is new in our area so a few weeks ago I could pick any delivery time I wanted. Then people must have caught on because this end of last week there was nothing available. I loaded my choices on the website and kept coming back to refresh. They was actually easy because I just kept my phone in my pocket as I ran around doing chores. At one point I refreshed Saturday afternoon and didn’t expect much (because I had been refreshing all day) but suddenly an opening came for 2 hours later! I took it, and then was worried that I’d get a bunch of replacements because it’s Saturday and a super busy shopping day. But maybe my shopper was just really good and communicative because we found everything! She’d text me that she couldn’t find something and I’d search the store website and tell her where to find it. I wish I could request her next time! I gave her a nice tip. She also told me the store was pretty busy considering we have a stay home order in place.

I need to run to Target at some time this week to replenish toilet paper, allergy meds and some other items which I need to read their containers in person. I found in my cleaning supplies an old N95 mask that I use for dusting. I would like to wear it to Target but I’m afraid someone will make a remark and I don’t wanna deal with anyone’s asinine comments. It’s an old beat up one and it’s comfortable. I tried wearing a scarf when I went out this weekend to a local candy store and apparently the thread count was too high because I couldn’t draw breath through it.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 04-06-2020 at 12:04 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I went last Tuesday and got what I needed. Still no TP but we’re ok for now. Tjs had flour but you had to ask for it. I waited 45 mins as they limited number of people in the store. I’m trying to go ever 2 weeks. I think that’s the must likely place for exposure as we’re not going anywhere else. So I’m limiting visits

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    This happened to me too, surprisingly on Saturday. Instacart is new in our area so a few weeks ago I could pick any delivery time I wanted. Then people must have caught on because this end of last week there was nothing available. I loaded my choices on the website and kept coming back to refresh. They was actually easy because I just kept my phone in my pocket as I ran around doing chores. At one point I refreshed Saturday afternoon and didn’t expect much (because I had been refreshing all day) but suddenly an opening came for 2 hours later! I took it, and then was worried that I’d get a bunch of replacements because it’s Saturday and a super busy shopping day. But maybe my shopper was just really good and communicative because we found everything! She’d text me that she couldn’t find something and I’d search the store website and tell her where to find it. I wish I could request her next time! I gave her a nice tip. She also told me the store was pretty busy considering we have a stay home order in place.

I need to run to Target at some time this week to replenish toilet paper, allergy meds and some other items which I need to read their containers in person. I found in my cleaning supplies an old N95 mask that I use for dusting. I would like to wear it to Target but I’m afraid someone will make a remark and I don’t wanna deal with anyone’s asinine comments. It’s an old beat up one and it’s comfortable. I tried wearing a scarf when I went out this weekend to a local candy store and apparently the thread count was too high because I couldn’t draw breath through it.
    Honestly, wear your old mask and put a bandanna or scarf over it to "hide" it. That's what I would do, because I would expect a snarky comment given today's environment.

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    Honestly, wear your old mask and put a bandanna or scarf over it to "hide" it. That's what I would do, because I would expect a snarky comment given today's environment.
    Thats a really good idea, thank you. It’s still a little chilly here so I’m wearing gloves too. It’s definitely true- I’m more aware of touching my face when I wear gloves. I’m much less likely to do it.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post

Wear your mask. If anyone is stupid enough to comment, ignore it. You are in the right here. Each person who wears a protective mask helps prevent the spread and that keeps people healthy and out of our hospitals. Signed, a front-line ICU nurse who doesn't begrudge anyone wearing masks
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have the same concern about wearing our old N95 mask. I plan to either cover it or wear something else. I’ve had it for years. I also am not sure how effective it is anymore because the straps are stretched out.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    Wear your mask. If anyone is stupid enough to comment, ignore it. You are in the right here. Each person who wears a protective mask helps prevent the spread and that keeps people healthy and out of our hospitals. Signed, a front-line ICU nurse who doesn't begrudge anyone wearing masks
    Thank you. And thank you for doing what you do.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Kris, so you did a click and pull order for Sam’s but they don’t pull certain items? Can you walk me through this? I’ve never done one there and keep trying, but eggs and milk are in store only.

In my last visit, I got the fresh stuff I needed but it took forever to get everything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not everything was able to be ordered for pick-up. Bread was there, but I had to get it myself. So I did the pick-up. They scanned by card and then called back the number people pulled. It was all on one cart. I took that out and then went back inside for the other few things I wanted - the fresh stuff mostly. It was pretty easy and fast.

I was able to find a slot for the next day when I got on about 5am. I put everything into my cart and then tried a few clubs to see who had spots and who had most of my stuff. I ended up about 35 min away, which isn't bad as the closest is 25 min. Then when the filled the order, I was unable t get 3 or 4 items. Overall, it was pretty good.
    Kris

I managed to get a delivery spot from Target for tomorrow. I've never done this before, so I hope it works out okay. I haven't shopped in Target stores for about a month now, so I have no idea what their stock is like.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast