Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Kids and phones - how do they carry them?

Girls clothing and pockets large enough for a phone are apparently not a thing. If you have kids who carry a phone (and you want them to carry it in order to be able to communicate when they go off with their friends), how are they carrying it?

Particularly for girls, whose clothing is less likely to accommodate? Do you have her carry a small secure crossbody or sling or something? Should I make them wear fanny packs? LOL. My kids live in a neighborhood where they are near their friends and are at the age where they can walk to the playground on their own and things like that. But I want them to have the phones with them for emergencies. Winter has been a little easier since jacket pockets tend to be bigger but still - most pockets don't zip shut or are still too small.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

They just carry them, put in a pocket of a jacket, back pocket of jeans etc. What do other kids around you do, I find these things are "what does everyone else do".

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My dd just got a simple crossbody purse. She says it's what all of her friends use, too. We got hers from Old Navy. I may borrow it sometimes ; )

Sent from my SM-G973U using Baby Bargains mobile app
    dd1 3/09
    dd2 9/11

MSWR0319 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My son carries his in a cinch sack that also has his epipens in it. Most girls that show up at our house have them in their pocket. They're 11.

My DD (13) likes leggings with pockets. If she doesn’t have pockets, she just stuffs her phone into her waist band.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

In their hands. I'm only sort of kidding - they're usually in their hands.

My DS carries his in a crossbody sling (Patagonia Atom) when he's out and about. Pockets + phone + bike is a recipe for disaster.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    They just carry them, put in a pocket of a jacket, back pocket of jeans etc. What do other kids around you do, I find these things are "what does everyone else do".
    Right now I see most kids just carry them...I also see lots of kids with cracked screens and lost phones. Our kids are expected to keep track of and take good care of their electronics or else they lose them or I threaten them with the biggest Otterbox case I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    My DD (13) likes leggings with pockets. If she doesn’t have pockets, she just stuffs her phone into her waist band.
    Where do you find leggings for tweens with pockets big enough?? If my kids could choose, this would be what they want...they love leggings.

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    In their hands. I'm only sort of kidding - they're usually in their hands.

My DS carries his in a crossbody sling (Patagonia Atom) when he's out and about. Pockets + phone + bike is a recipe for disaster.
    Yeah, my kids will scooter or bike too and pockets are either nonexistant or just aren't secure enough. I am thinking a small sling or fanny pack (aren't those "in" again now, LOL?) is probably the best bet.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Right now I see most kids just carry them...I also see lots of kids with cracked screens and lost phones. Our kids are expected to keep track of and take good care of their electronics or else they lose them or I threaten them with the biggest Otterbox case I can find.

Where do you find leggings for tweens with pockets big enough?? If my kids could choose, this would be what they want...they love leggings.

Yeah, my kids will scooter or bike too and pockets are either nonexistant or just aren't secure enough. I am thinking a small sling or fanny pack (aren't those "in" again now, LOL?) is probably the best bet.
    No on the fanny pack but the straw string bag/ back packs are. We have several for things like that. Biking hiking walking when they need more than just a phone Like these Im guessing there are at least 10 here various colors teams etc https://www.amazon.com/HOLYLUCK-Draw...ck%2Caps%2C278
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Girls clothing and pockets large enough for a phone are apparently not a thing. If you have kids who carry a phone (and you want them to carry it in order to be able to communicate when they go off with their friends), how are they carrying it?

Particularly for girls, whose clothing is less likely to accommodate? Do you have her carry a small secure crossbody or sling or something? Should I make them wear fanny packs? LOL. My kids live in a neighborhood where they are near their friends and are at the age where they can walk to the playground on their own and things like that. But I want them to have the phones with them for emergencies. Winter has been a little easier since jacket pockets tend to be bigger but still - most pockets don't zip shut or are still too small.
    Fanny packs are back in, as wild as that sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    Fanny packs are back in, as wild as that sounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They’re totally in! It’s fun to see. They’re actually pretty useful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast