Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Dang it! Covid and my health goals

I have been so proud of myself with my diet and exercise since Christmas. I have been doing so well. Unfortunately, we are now Covid + and quarantining. When I am sick and stressed I find it So hard not to constantly snack and sip on sweet beverages. It’s definitely a big trigger for me plus I won’t be able to go the gym for 10 days and The weather is horrendous. Also I am so annoyed that when DH tested positive he had complete rest and I literally waited on him hand and foot giving him healthy meals and bringing him all the supplements. Of course, now that I am sick he is off to work and I am here to take care of sick teens and continue homework and virtual school for all three. Just feeling frustrated. Just ugh!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Don’t give up! You can get back on the diet wagon when you feel better.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

I can sympathize, I was just thinking the other day about how a lot of people seem to lose weight when they get sick and I gain it comfort eating! And yeah, I feel like I was in the kitchen yesterday making soup for DD and prepping for the rest of the family to get sick while DH was out of town and when it was me two weeks ago it was take out soups. But it's still early in the new year and you'll get back in into it. I've sort of declared this week the first week of 2022 for me
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

You do what you body needs of you. That's the best way to achieve your health goals. So if you are comforted by sipping soothing liquids and resting a lot (instead of dieting and exercising) then you are doing what is best to move forward! Maybe take this as an opportunity to slow down and be really intuitive and it won't be as much of a setback?

Also, you have been at this parenting thing for a long time so I'm sure you already have your bag of tricks but for any other readers of this thread I'll share a trick that has worked for MANY a kid illness in years past. I just decide that I'm going to do as much work as I can and rest as much as I need. So if I'm ill and can't do anything then maybe I'll try to get up for 5 minutes out of every hour. Make a sandwich, read one book aloud, brush my own hair, lol, tidy one counter if I can.... If I'm feeling better I keep mixing up the times. Maybe I can do 15 minutes of exertion and then I rest/relax for 45 minutes. Maybe I can even do 30 minutes on, 30 minutes off. I use my timer. It helps quiet my mind that otherwise worries about the tension between rest and activity as a busy mom.

Also, quiet time is a GAME CHANGER for our family. 1.5 hours in the middle of the day for each kid to be alone in their room means a 1.5 hour nap for me potentially.

Feel better!

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I feel for you. I was doing so well with my daily yoga challenge and daily lunch walks with the dog but today do not have the energy. May try at least the yoga later on but for now I’m trying to focus on getting work items done so I can get a little break this afternoon. My head feels not fully there and I’m not sure if it is Covid, or my brain still coming to terms with getting Covid after being so careful for so long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I can relate as I've found myself stress eating a couple of times in the last few weeks. Don't worry about the dieting! Just rest your body and recover. The weather will improve and there's all spring to work on fitness goals. (((Hugs)))

I'm sorry your husband isn't there to help. Maybe he can bring home takeout or prepared meals the next few days? That would be a huge help to me!
    K

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sending you a feel better hug. You'll get back to it when your body is ready.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

That mom struggle is real. My household completely falls apart when I'm sick. It's very frustrating. DH shares in the chores regularly he knows how to do that part of things but his version of cooking is frozen pizza and taquitos and he gets very impatient with normal kid behaviors.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    That mom struggle is real. My household completely falls apart when I'm sick. It's very frustrating. DH shares in the chores regularly he knows how to do that part of things but his version of cooking is frozen pizza and taquitos and he gets very impatient with normal kid behaviors.
    My DH is the same with normal kid behavior.

OP - sorry to hear your family is sick. Hoping it clears your house quickly. Give yourself permission to do jus5 the necessary items. Everything else can wait.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Just take care of yourself now. In a week to 10 days, you will be back at it. Feel better.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast