Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm still doing the 30 day shread video (just the first one though) and zumba on Wednesday nights. Been working out about 5 times a week, if only for 20 minutes (how long the video is) to 45 minutes (if I do the gym at work) or an hour on zumba nights. I bought new sneakers yesterday hoping that my arches would feel better. They're better, but still not great. I've got flat feet, so they hurt when I work out.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I ran 6 miles this morning (yay!) but my pace was super slow, evidently. I am hoping it's because the hills were crazy- steep, long uphills. But, I can't decide if I should be happy with the distance since it took more than an hour. I usually aim for a 10 minute mile minimum but closer to 9 minute mile. What do you think matters more? Exercising for X amount of time or being faster?

Beth

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    What do you think matters more? Exercising for X amount of time or being faster?

Beth
    First off...yea! 6 miles that is awesome. Second I think that heart rate matters not speed or distance. Time spent exercising and your heart rate during that exercise period. Get a good HR monitor.

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm joining you guys here.

I started going to Baby Boot Camp a few weeks ago and am going every day it's offered which is 3 days a week plus every other Wednesday so about 15 times a month. I haven't lost any weight (well maybe a pound or two), but I do feel much better.

I gained about 60 pounds while pregnant and have lost 30 of it. Still have 30 to go.

I used to go to circus school and do flying trapeze like 4 or 5 days a week and was a size 0, so I'm not used to exercising with the extra weight. I feel very slow and am the slowest in Baby Boot Camp, though most of the other Moms have older babies. But still, I feel really out of shape.

My goal is to exercise 4 days a week a week for about an hour and walk at least half an hour on the days that I don't exercise.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mishkamishka View Post
    I'm joining you guys here.

I started going to Baby Boot Camp a few weeks ago and am going every day it's offered which is 3 days a week plus every other Wednesday so about 15 times a month. I haven't lost any weight (well maybe a pound or two), but I do feel much better.

I gained about 60 pounds while pregnant and have lost 30 of it. Still have 30 to go.

I used to go to circus school and do flying trapeze like 4 or 5 days a week and was a size 0, so I'm not used to exercising with the extra weight. I feel very slow and am the slowest in Baby Boot Camp, though most of the other Moms have older babies. But still, I feel really out of shape.

My goal is to exercise 4 days a week a week for about an hour and walk at least half an hour on the days that I don't exercise.
    Good for you!

I have completed one full month of 5:30 am workouts at the gym. I cannot believe it! I have not weighed myself so I do not know if I have lost any weight but I see my muscles reappearing!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by infomama View Post
    First off...yea! 6 miles that is awesome. Second I think that heart rate matters not speed or distance. Time spent exercising and your heart rate during that exercise period. Get a good HR monitor.
    That's why I asked for a heart rate monitor for Christmas. I guess till then I'll just keep doing a variety of things, just in case.

Beth

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Fascinating! Was trapeze for exercise, or for fun? Trapeze is kick-butt. I always think of Pink at the VMAs / Grammys like two years when I think of it.

DH stayed out late for a work thingy so I didn't make the gym. Only had time for 30 Day Shred. It is not any fun at all. But I'm glad I did it.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

well, this week wasn't great either. between migraines and cramps, i only did two days this week too. i guess that explains why i haven't seen any results yet.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Ugg horrible week for me. I was traveling and still sick. Made it to the gym today to do the weight machines and the elipitical. I was winded before I got there but at least I did it. DH is away this week and so I will struggle to get to the gym but must make it happen.

/hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Missing the gym today and probably tomorrow as well. I caught DS2's cold AND pink eye.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast