Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Thanks! I will make a family zoom account that they can all use.
    Kris

You don't need an account to join Zoom meetings. You only need an account to host meetings. Both my kids have participated in various Zoom meetings and neither has an account.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

At school we only use Google meets. and no 1:1 unless you're a therapist or have prior approval from administration (like some special ed students)

GS and a couple of other fun things (like a parent held trivia game) use Zoom
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    You don't need an account to join Zoom meetings. You only need an account to host meetings. Both my kids have participated in various Zoom meetings and neither has an account.

We had no way to get past the log in screen to the meeting without logging in. It sounds like there are multiple ways to set it up.
    Kris

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    We had no way to get past the log in screen to the meeting without logging in. It sounds like there are multiple ways to set it up.
    Did you join through a meeting link? In both instances that I have used Zoom there was a meeting specific link to join through. It seems if accessing it through a phone or tablet, you need the user code to join.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bw52 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

All my kids are using zoom with their classes. We’ve got 10 zoom meetings scheduled this week—all for school. But it wouldn’t let me use the same account to have more than 1 kid on at the same time. So now we have 3 zoom accounts bc the teachers set the times and they usually overlap. I do worry about safety issues but I’m hoping the teachers are taking precautions. There are ways to make zoom safer. I googled it and found good advice. One way it said was to use the ID and password instead of the links.

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    You don’t need one - but I think you can still put or edit the name in the window for whoever is on.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

One more zoom question. I followed a tutorial from our GS Council to set up my meeting and on their screen they had the option of using a whiteboard to draw on, but I don't have that option. I researched it and it looks like maybe that option is not available if using a chrome book or an iphone (which is what we are using from home for our GS meetings)? Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing a way to access it.

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    Did you join through a meeting link? In both instances that I have used Zoom there was a meeting specific link to join through. It seems if accessing it through a phone or tablet, you need the user code to join.

Yes, there was a link from the teacher. She is on a desktop computer running Windows.
    Kris

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    One more zoom question. I followed a tutorial from our GS Council to set up my meeting and on their screen they had the option of using a whiteboard to draw on, but I don't have that option. I researched it and it looks like maybe that option is not available if using a chrome book or an iphone (which is what we are using from home for our GS meetings)? Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing a way to access it.
    OK, before you schedule your next meeting, go into your "settings" and turn on the Whiteboard option to activate the tool in a meeting.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast